Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So many publishers (different versions?)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> So many publishers (different versions?) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So many publishers (different versions?) - 7/26/2008 6:22:18 AM   
vonTirpitz

I am real close to buying this game.

I am a little confused now that the game appears to be sold just about everywhere outside of matrix (boxed and download) and the price point range is considerable ranging U$20~ to U$70 (retail). The Matrix price is fair in my opinion and I have no problem buying and downloading from here.

My question is to ask if all of the versions of this game available the are basically the exact same game (ie there no special features in a boxed game purchased through vendor X that can never be available for someone who downloaded the game through vendor Y) and can they all let the latest patch version (1.10d in this case) install? If it is all basically the same going through different market outlets then there shouldn't be any problems playing PBEM either.

I looked through both Matrix and AGEOD forums as well as several of the other vendors and only got more confused when one vendor appeared to be selling a Matrix version (with different box art) in addition to the CDV version with the more familiar box art.

Thanks for any answers.

\\The things that keep me awake at night....

< Message edited by vonTirpitz -- 7/26/2008 6:23:44 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: So many publishers (different versions?) - 7/26/2008 8:58:21 AM   
Primasprit

The game is the same, regardless where you buy. Just decide who deserves your money most.

AGEOD Dev. Team

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 2
RE: So many publishers (different versions?) - 7/26/2008 11:48:22 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonTirpitz
I looked through both Matrix and AGEOD forums as well as several of the other vendors and only got more confused when one vendor appeared to be selling a Matrix version (with different box art) in addition to the CDV version with the more familiar box art.

I can say that the version we sell is the same one you can buy direct from AGEOD and I assume that's the case with other venues as well. You can always order direct from AGEOD as they sell it as well. However, our physical copy does have a nice printed manual, which I'm not sure if the others have.

I would assume any lower priced versions are leftover retail stock - you could ask the guys at AGEOD what was included in that package as far as manual/copy protection. I can say that our version and AGEOD's version just have a serial number check.

Where else do you see our version being sold?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 3
RE: So many publishers (different versions?) - 7/26/2008 1:17:08 PM   
vonTirpitz

Erik, the duplicate versions I saw the other day were on Amazon that looks like Used Copies and what looks like New Copies.

What threw me was the different box art they show on the "used copies". Was that actual artwork from ageod's version at some point in the past?

I thank you and Primasprit for your prompt reply. Sounds good enough to me.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: So many publishers (different versions?) - 7/26/2008 2:10:11 PM   
Erik Rutins

That "used copy" box art is not ours and I'm guessing that listing it as one of our copies could be a mistake. However, I looked at the sellers and NWS Online listed there is one of our authorized dealers, so if you purchase from them you would get one of our published copies. I can't vouch for the other seller though.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 7/26/2008 2:12:47 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 5
RE: So many publishers (different versions?) - 7/26/2008 2:52:38 PM   
vonTirpitz

Downloaded and installing

Now give me a few weeks to play this before I have to buy the Admirals Edition for WiTP next month....

Thank you again for the info!

Wandering off to find my civil war maps....

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: So many publishers (different versions?) - 7/26/2008 2:56:26 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonTirpitz

What threw me was the different box art they show on the "used copies". Was that actual artwork from ageod's version at some point in the past?

That's the art used for the box copy release in the UK. Don't know if it was any more widespread than that.

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 7
RE: So many publishers (different versions?) - 7/27/2008 1:03:55 PM   
korrigan

AACW was the Wargame of the Year 2007 and it has been bought and retailed by different distributors and different countries (France, USA, UK, Spain, Russia, etc.).

The manual and game version can be different according to the date the disk and manual were produced by the distributor. However, everyhting will be up to date once you'll download and install the latest patch.

AGEod and Matrix are two safe locations to order your digitital or printed version from, and at least you're sure to give your money to people who actualy care about wargame.

Cheers,

Korrigan

AGEOD Team
Support independent developers!

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 8
RE: So many publishers (different versions?) - 9/1/2008 1:11:42 PM   
marcbarker

I was curious as well on the various releases. For electronic download there are several you, AGEOD, EB Games, Gamestopn and a couple others. Inoticed that I download the trial version of EB and it is very slow in load time as well as graphic map scrolling. I am running VISTA Premium with all the new updates. Here is the question. If purchased through EB or gamestop can the seriel number be registered on here and be eligble for the updates and etc or do I have to purchase from here? Also will you match the Price of the digital Download from EB or Gamestop, etc?

Thanks
Marc

(in reply to korrigan)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> So many publishers (different versions?) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI