Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suppression Points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Suppression Points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suppression Points - 7/27/2008 1:28:24 AM   
MarkWayneClark

I have read the section of the manual on this over and over and I just don't get it. Would anyone be willing to explain it to a noob?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Suppression Points - 7/29/2008 10:01:56 AM   
Lucky1

Just checking in the forum and have seen your post. I am really not the best person to explain suppression (REALLY). However, I seem to recall some posts either from WanderingHead or Lebatron discussion mods to Global Glory or Uncommon Valour wherein they explain changes to supression with reference to the current model. In my experience, suppression does not help as much as you would like when you need it and hurts too much when you don't.....

(in reply to MarkWayneClark)
Post #: 2
RE: Suppression Points - 7/30/2008 7:10:01 AM   
WanderingHead

It really seems complicated at first. The best way to learn it is read the manual, then go through some combats and look at the detailed combat reports. If you mouse over some of the results you'll see even more details pop up, like the results of some intermediate rolls and a list of all of the modifiers applied.

Then read the manual again.

Then read the release notes because some of the rules changed. I think the only change was that prior suppression will no longer help future bombardment attacks (it only helps future "normal" attacks).

Suppression is very powerful if used correctly and with the correct expectations. I still think that mass artillery+militia builds are very powerful for Russia in the early game. Artillery suppresses stuff, giving the militia a chance to do damage.

(in reply to Lucky1)
Post #: 3
RE: Suppression Points - 7/30/2008 4:31:56 PM   
MarkWayneClark

Thanks, I will try again.

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Suppression Points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI