Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command and Control Strange behavior since 4.1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Command and Control Strange behavior since 4.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command and Control Strange behavior since 4.1 - 10/4/2000 10:03:00 AM   
Keebler

I have been playing SPWAW since the 2.0 release, and it seems the command and control system has been changed in the last few patches. I have always played SPWAW with C&C on. The manual states that if you select any unit and issue a new objective to that unit, all units within that units group (that are in contact) will be issued the same objective. This has been true for all versions I’ve played till 4.1. In one instance I had a platoon of SS mechanized Infantry loaded in half-tracks. (( 3x Elite Infantry 1x Heavy Machine Gun, 1x SPW-251/10 and 3x SPW-251/1 )) All units were in the same hex and were shown in contact. I selected unit C5 one of the SPW-251/1 and issued a change of objective. I expected the remaining 3 SPW-251 to receive the same objective, but they did not! Units C4, C6, and C7. Over the next several turns I had to issue change of objectives to the to each of the other SPWs. To make matters worse, once I got near my objective, I unloaded my SS Infantry only to discover their objective hex was the original objective and not the new one I had spent several turns issuing to the transports. Just so there is no confusion these were units C0, C1, C2, and C3. Did I miss something, is there a new way of issuing objective hexes to groups of units. I did do one thing different when setting up the game in which the above incident occurred. During the deployment I clicked on the green flag, and set all my units objective to the far eastern center hex. I played several LAN games over the weekend, and in each case I found myself running into command and control problems I had never experienced before. I’m at a loss, can anyone shed some light on my lack of command effectiveness? Note the example listed occured with Ver 4.2 [This message has been edited by Keebler (edited October 03, 2000).]

If you can't be HAPPY you shouldn't be anything at all!
Post #: 1
- 10/4/2000 5:51:00 PM   
frank1970

I had a similar problem occured with loaded Infantry, but in my case only 3 of 4 vehicles moved, the fourth told me that there were no commands left.

If you like what I said love me,if you dislike what I say ignore me!

"Extra Bavaria non est vita! Et sic est vita non est ita!"

(in reply to Keebler)
Post #: 2
- 10/4/2000 8:13:00 PM   
gdpsnake

To avoid that problem, I always give the order to the '0' unit making sure that all other 'sub' units are within 3 hexes. Otherwise, sometimes some guys get the word and others don't which is kinda realistic. Later, when you want to change an objective unload the '0' unit, give the change, and reload it. Think of it as telling the captain where to go and not the sergeant (hoping he will remember to pass the word up). In my military experience, nothing ever went up-channel and got heard!

(in reply to Keebler)
Post #: 3
- 10/4/2000 11:58:00 PM   
Graf Speer

quote:

To avoid that problem, I always give the order to the '0' unit making sure that all other 'sub' units are within 3 hexes.
Have you therefore ruled out c&C via "radio" contact, commander - assuming, of course, others within your platoon were so equipped? Albert

(in reply to Keebler)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Command and Control Strange behavior since 4.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI