Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

118 extra icon slots #2-Bombed out!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame >> 118 extra icon slots #2-Bombed out! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
118 extra icon slots #2-Bombed out! - 4/26/2002 8:25:33 PM   
Warhorse

Well, I did a search for the original thread, but since 118 is smaller than the 4 word minimum to search with, had no luck. I also don't remember who started the last thread, so here goes, for any and all interested. I've been continually adding more icons to my personal install, and after using slot 1121 last night, noticed that now the prefs are automatically screwed up, ie, they revert back to default every time, when you start up the new updated mech.exe. This will pretty much ensure that we won't be able to eventually release this mod to anyone other than ourselves! I don't mind myself, I just copy the pref to a save folder, then delete and paste this one into the SAVE folder everytime I fire up WAW, but others won't want to bother, too bad, I like the added icons, especially for the Axis Minors. I have very few units sharing a single icon now, in any country, very cool!!:cool: Just wanted to let the guys know who were pursueing this, in case they hadn't run into it yet...

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Post #: 1
- 4/27/2002 6:40:22 AM   
ZeroAntipop

What do you mean by custom icon?

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 2
- 4/27/2002 6:48:19 AM   
Don Doom

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ZeroAntipop
[B]What do you mean by custom icon? [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi ZeroAntipop

He means the icons that He made or others like RockinHarry and myself and incerted into the files to use in scenerios or campaigns.

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 3
- 4/27/2002 7:14:31 AM   
ZeroAntipop

Ah ok thanks, just making sure. Would it be possible to change the infantry graphics such that they would look better in a trench?

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 4
- 4/27/2002 7:19:20 AM   
Warhorse

No, as far as I know this is a code issue, SP1 used to have seperate icons for armor, and infantry entrenched. I pushed to get this included in WAW, but it wasn't very high up on the priority list, and got canned! It may have made problems, I'm no programmer, but Mike Wood knew what he was doing, so I don't ask questions!!;-)

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 5
- 4/27/2002 7:45:01 AM   
ZeroAntipop

Cool. I'd really like to do some WW1 games, but things look funny when the infantry are half out of the trench, any ideas?

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 6
- 4/27/2002 10:02:43 AM   
WhiteRook

Warhorse, I would like to have your modifications! I like to torture myself with this game. Just include the instructions for this old middle aged man please! ;) ;)

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 7
- 4/27/2002 1:02:29 PM   
Dogfish

Hey Mike:

I found the old post and I'll try the slot you found as soon as I get a chance. Initially I wrote all the slots with the same info, and as a test checked from time to time to see if anything was over written. When I was still actively testing I looked for the preferences problem. I had become aware of that with an earlier version. It never happened with the version I was testing, and as I said I had written to every slot.

I guess it's time to renew testing with the latest version. What ver are you using? How many new icons have you added?

-Dogfish

When you're wounded and left
on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out
to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle
and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

Kipling

------------------

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 8
- 4/27/2002 8:15:19 PM   
Warhorse

I'm using the version 7.1, I forget what address this ones using, will have to check it out tonite when I get home... It was fine until I used 1121, then this happened, but everything else seems fine! Like I said, I don't mind, myself, it's well worth having the diverse icon mix!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 9
- 4/29/2002 9:21:12 PM   
Don Doom

Morning Warhorse.
Did you find the address ver 7.1 uses as the one I have does not use 162870, unless when it was complied they changed what slots they used and emptied the ones left from other versions.

Doom

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 10
- 4/29/2002 10:01:03 PM   
Warhorse

Strangely enough, it seems that the same mech.exe can have a different address!! A few months back me and Rockin' Harry, and dogfish discovered this, you have to have Spile search your mech.exe, to get YOUR address!! Stupid, huh, I can't figure ho this could be, must be an anomoly caused by Spilc/Spile?

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 11
Ok. - 4/29/2002 10:29:10 PM   
Don Doom

Like I posted in the other thread, the three adresses I know about are all different from the one I was using. There is a fourth address I am going to check out as it is only about 550-600 long that keeps poping up when I use ww2 info. I wish there was an entry for spwaw. Oh well back to work.

Doom

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame >> 118 extra icon slots #2-Bombed out! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI