Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied opponent wanted - Closed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Allied opponent wanted - Closed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied opponent wanted - Closed - 10/9/2008 8:25:29 PM   
heenanc

- Hello Forum,

I'm looking for an allied player to cross swords with, I've played against the AI twice and won () but have also played PBEM as allied where my Japanese opponent disappear in August 42 (probably because I managed to hang onto Java).

In my old PBEM I was able to do 1 turn a day (sometimes more) apart from times like holidays or whenever and will stick with the game even if I lose the KB in January 42. Basically I just want a crack at the Japanese side and certainly wouldn't class myself as experience certainly not with the economy but will obviously try my best.

I'm just about to start the opening turn now so won't be ready till Tomorrow maybe Saturday. But am looking forward to some response and could get stuck in over the weekend.

House rules.

The biggest house rule is COMMON SENSE look for someone who will play a realistic game but i'll add a couple.

1, 50 aircraft per airport size - Just to it keep realistic

2, 2 PT per base size in port - Port 1 = 2 Port 2 = 4 e.t.c. - I've seen these create untold damage when in number which is just not realistic in my mind.

3, Reasonable stopping force for example you can't stop a 500'000 army retreating with a BDE in there path I would like to maybe state you'd need 1/4 of the force you are trying to stop in the hex they are trying to move to - This is just a guess for me to make it seem reasonable but if you not in agreement then this can be changed.

4, No 4E bombing below 15'000 feet

5, PT boats not allowed to mix with other vessels in TF

I'm willing to discuss any of the above or maybe add 1 or 2 but as I stated the main house rule is COMMON SENSE.

< Message edited by heenanc -- 10/12/2008 9:36:36 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Allied opponent wanted. - 10/9/2008 8:29:32 PM   
heenanc

Here's the set up!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to heenanc)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied opponent wanted. - 10/9/2008 8:31:40 PM   
heenanc

Options

Attachment (1)

(in reply to heenanc)
Post #: 3
RE: Allied opponent wanted. - 10/10/2008 6:31:52 PM   
RevRick

PM &Email sent.

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to heenanc)
Post #: 4
RE: Allied opponent wanted. - 10/12/2008 2:04:34 PM   
RevRick

If you have tried to respond to me at my email address, I have been having some problems with email since yesterday. I thought it was on my machine, but it is at the ISP, so I get no email in or out at this time. I think their computer has developed a hiccup.

So, if you desire to begin a game, respond here. There are a couple of things I'd like to work out, but nothing too big.

Shalom;
Rev. Rick

Oh,btw. This plus a better price is one reason we are switching providers next week. Just thought you might want to know!

< Message edited by RevRick -- 10/12/2008 2:05:43 PM >

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 5
RE: Allied opponent wanted. - 10/12/2008 9:36:22 PM   
heenanc

Sorry RevRick, I've had a reply and have just sent the turn. I also sent you an email.

(in reply to heenanc)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Allied opponent wanted - Closed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI