Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiple copies of AWD

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Multiple copies of AWD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple copies of AWD - 10/30/2008 2:28:39 AM   
Lucky1

Ok. I am trying to get two versions of this game to work on my computer. 1.02 (for tourney) and 1.03. I have attempted to install them in different directories etc. But the shortcuts etc. all seem to load only one version or the other. I am really puzzled how to do this.... For example, my 1.03 version seems to have reverted somehow to 1.02. Furthermore, in my add-remove programs section of the control panel, only one version shows up! What is going on..... I am using Vista.
Post #: 1
RE: Multiple copies of AWD - 10/30/2008 4:36:18 AM   
WanderingHead

The version number is actually set in your registry, and there is only one version number on your computer.

If you have multiple versions, they will all appear on the openning screen to be the same version, the version in your registry. Even though the executables would be different.

Honestly, I find this confusing myself and it is not the way I would set it up. It adds confusion if you try to have multiple versions installed (as I sometimes do for development type purposes), and means that the registry and executable can be out of sync.

I assume that Matrix has some reason for doing it this way, but it isn't how I would do it. I could conceivably add some additional side information to show the true version number, but I wasn't sure 2by3 and/or Matrix would approve.

(in reply to Lucky1)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiple copies of AWD - 10/30/2008 5:24:13 AM   
Lucky1

Ok. So if I understand you correctly, even though I am running different versions of the game, they both will display as one version of the game? I guess I will find out once I get an 1.02 file and a 1.03 file!

Thanks as always for your assistance.

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 3
RE: Multiple copies of AWD - 10/30/2008 5:29:39 AM   
Lucky1

Yaya!!!! Both versions are installed and running. As you indicated, they are actually different although they are identified in the menu screen as being the same....

(in reply to Lucky1)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Multiple copies of AWD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI