Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sgt. Kukko's Crossing, or . . .

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Sgt. Kukko's Crossing, or . . . Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sgt. Kukko's Crossing, or . . . - 5/17/2002 12:20:43 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

. . . Crimea River:

Looking up from his 'dinner in a can', Sgt. Kukko saw Hauptmann Vebber aproaching with a map under his arm. The Sgt. snapped to attention and saluted smartly. "This is an unexpected honor, Sir!"

"Not so unexpected, for the man who saved our artillery and mortars by taking out that T-34 back at the Donetz! I've put you in for an Iron Cross First Class to add to your collection, Sgt!"

"All things considered, I'd rather have some Winter gear for my men. It's bad enough losing troopers to Ivan, without worrying about losing them to frostbite."

Heaving a sigh, Hauptmann Vebber replied, "Yes, well, HQ says the Winter gear should be on the way soon. Hopefully around the same time the mobile kitchens catch up with us. If the KG has to subsist on canned rations much longer, they may have to start using can openers to take their helmets off."

Opening the map on the ammo crate Sgt. Kukko and Corporal Hartmann had been using as a dinner table, Hauptmann Vebber continued, "Here is our next objective: the approaches to Fort Stalin. As you can see there is only one wooden bridge over the river in our sector."

"Hmmmm!", Sgt. Kukko rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "That could be a problem if Ivan dropped some heavy mortar or artillery rounds on it and took it out."

"Indeed! Fortunately, the Luftwaffe recon photos show what appears to be a fordable area of the river in the northern area of our sector. Photos show peasant wagons crossing the river there. If they can do it, perhaps we can also."

"So can Ivan, to get at our rear, if we're not carefull." Observed Sgt. Kukko.

"I'm glad that you appreciate the situation. Most of the KG, including the HTs will proceed across the bridge, after our artillery has shrouded the area in smoke. Hopefully we can get across before Ivan realizes we're there.

"Your squad will lead five other squads, two MG squads, a stug, a 50mm AT gun, and two recon units on light HTs to determine if the river is fordable by our units. If it is, you are to take and hold it, until I can send reinforcements to assist you. Should the bridge fall before the KG gets across, I will be counting on your units to hold the ford so that we can rerout any units not yet across the bridge through the ford.

"Also, should Ivan attempt to get at our rear area via the ford, you are to hold them until I can send reinforcements to push them back.

"Here is where the ford is supposed to be located. I'll leave how and where you approach in your capable hands."

"Danke Herr Hauptmann!"

After Hautpmann Vebber had gone, Sgt. Kukko motioned to Corporal Hartmann so they could discuss their plans for this new mission. "Looks like we're back on point again Helmut!"

Briefly, the Sgt. informed his corporal of their mission. "Should I get my hip-waders ready?"

"Why, no! The High command is sending a staff car to carry us across this time!"

"Oh, good! Ask them to put a few bottles of champagne in the trunk."

Having enjoyed a good laugh, the two took out their field map and began planning how to approach and take the ford. . .

. . . more to come.

Eric Maietta
Post #: 1
Very good - 5/22/2002 2:14:39 AM   
Gary Tatro

Keep it up Eric. You keep making me jellous because you are so far ahead of me in LV. :)

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to AbsntMndedProf)
Post #: 2
- 5/22/2002 2:47:56 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

Amazing work Eric!I'm still stuck in Ukraine,so i cannot join your men's feelings,but your AArs are very very good!

(in reply to AbsntMndedProf)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Sgt. Kukko's Crossing, or . . . Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI