Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strong Side / Weak Side

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> Strong Side / Weak Side Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strong Side / Weak Side - 2/8/2009 7:03:23 PM   
Marauders

One item that would have been nice, as part of play design, would be to have the ability to designate the strong side and the weak side of plays.

If the AI knew which side was designated strong on offense, and knew which side was designated strong on defense, it could make sure that the defensive play was flipped accordingly. It would also allow strong and weak safeties as well as Sam, Mike, and Will linebackers.

One must understand that David did not originally want Maximum Football to be that complex, but this certainly would have put the game design a step forward as a football simulation.

The only problem I see is with formations that have a tight end to one side and three receivers to the other. Some coaches designate the tight end side strong (as a blocker), and other coaches count the players on each side of the ball to determine the strong side. I'd guess the AI would have to go to the player count.

Balanced plays would have been designated as balanced on offense and defence.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> Strong Side / Weak Side Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI