Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

QB scrambling?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> QB scrambling? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
QB scrambling? - 1/8/2009 6:34:36 AM   
micvik

I've noticed that since the last patch QB's never scramble or become flustered in the pocket because of good coverage. Do any of you guys know of constants settings that have helped with this issue?
Post #: 1
RE: QB scrambling? - 1/8/2009 9:12:50 AM   
DreamTeams

You might have to increase this...

QBScramble_Threshold

I think the lower the number here the less QB's will scrample across the league. You might also want to check your QB's pocket rating, as well. A combo of both these should get your QB's scrambling again.

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 2
RE: QB scrambling? - 1/9/2009 8:39:40 PM   
micvik

I experimented with the QBScramble_Threshold and it didn't help much. I raised it in small increments at first then to extreme settings but it didn't work and only seemed to make the QB's throw on the run more often. I also adjusted the ratings so that every QB had a ppr of 1 but it had no effect.

The only time they scrambled was when I put the QBRead_Threshold into negative numbers but now QB's would scramble all the time and never throw it. So it seems you can only have absolutes, either QB's scramble all the time or throws all time.

< Message edited by micvik -- 1/9/2009 8:40:20 PM >

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 3
RE: QB scrambling? - 1/10/2009 4:40:58 AM   
DreamTeams

Hmm. In previous versions it seemed to work pretty good. Haven’t toyed with that rating lately as I prefer mostly a pocket passing league and have not ventured into the scrambling arena with the latest build. Are you getting sacks? Might want to watch to see if defenders are getting through the line in order to force the QB to have to scramble. If you have the time try keep testing different constant tweaks and ratings adjustments. Perhaps speed and agility also needs to be adjusted for QB's. Please keep us posted if you finally het a breakthrough on this.

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 4
RE: QB scrambling? - 1/10/2009 3:02:07 PM   
Marauders

quote:

I experimented with the QBScramble_Threshold and it didn't help much.

The QBScramble_Threshold is the baseline for how close unblocked defenders need to be to the QB before the QB starts running. If there is no pressure, it doesn't matter much what this is set at.

quote:

I raised it in small increments at first then to extreme settings but it didn't work and only seemed to make the QB's throw on the run more often.

Throwing on the run decreases the pass accuracy, so it isn't great to have quarterbacks running out of the pocket. Have you tried to limit the receivers looking for a pass after their routes are completed, so the QB doesn't have a hot option on the run? Normally, one would not want to do this, but if one is trying to get a Michael Vick type player, a modified playbook may be needed.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 5
RE: QB scrambling? - 1/11/2009 5:37:23 AM   
Mykal

I have the same issue....... QB's that never seem to scramble for positive yardage
they only ever run around to look for a pass - which usually ends up incomplete
I've also messed with the constants file and that doesnt help - not a great deal anyway

they only way to achieve it is to have one or two QB running plays in the playbook
but you have to be careful with the situations - you dont want your QB taking off on 3rd and forever

useing an elephant formation seems to work pretty well
and have the backs run in tandom with the QB to pick up blocks

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 6
RE: QB scrambling? - 1/11/2009 9:59:56 PM   
DAWUSS

Scrambles, hot reads.... Things the QB has difficulty with in MFB

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 7
RE: QB scrambling? - 1/12/2009 3:54:47 AM   
Marauders

quote:

Scrambles, hot reads.... Things the QB has difficulty with in MFB.

I can set up quick reads, but then the QB almost always throws to him.  The problem is that the progression doesn't have a hot read distinct from the regular progression.  I guess that's all right for the a Brad Childress playbook, but not for any playbook I create.

It would be great if a football game would have the QB count the defenders in the box and up on the line and then use an intelligence skill to go to the hot play or go through regular progressions.

(in reply to DAWUSS)
Post #: 8
RE: QB scrambling? - 1/12/2009 3:57:43 AM   
Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

quote:

I can set up quick reads, but then the QB almost always throws to him.  The problem is that the progression doesn't have a hot read distinct from the regular progression.  I guess that's all right for the a Brad Childress playbook, but not for any playbook I create.

It would be great if a football game would have the QB count the defenders in the box and up on the line and then use an intelligence skill to go to the hot play or go through regular progressions.

Now that would take some programming..........
maybe after that we could have him cook dinner too and give me more time to play only joking man

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 9
RE: QB scrambling? - 1/12/2009 4:10:26 AM   
Marauders

quote:

Now that would take some programming ....

Less than for the superfan. 

It really shows what the developers have for priorities. 

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 10
RE: QB scrambling? - 1/17/2009 6:58:14 PM   
DAWUSS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

quote:

Now that would take some programming..........
maybe after that we could have him cook dinner too and give me more time to play only joking man

Since there is that attribute that affects the QBs pocket presence (telling him to scramble or not), it shouldn't be that difficult (I know, I'm talking like I know something about programming) to add an additional check to the system (pressure - hot read - scramble).

Case in point would be something like the picture. I could have the QB wait for the primary to get open and run the risk of getting sacked, or I could have him dump it to the hot read, often resulting in a premature throw that doesn't get as many yards as it could have.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 11
RE: QB scrambling? - 1/17/2009 7:39:56 PM   
micvik

It worked well before the last patch. QBs with lower ppr would scramble now ppr appears to have zero effect on the AI. It was nice having the Young's and Elway's mixed in with the Marino's and Montana's. I have no idea why it regressed for the last version?

(in reply to DAWUSS)
Post #: 12
RE: QB scrambling? - 2/8/2009 6:48:57 PM   
Marauders

Dawuss,

It would be nice to be able to designate a hot receiver on a play.  Most of the real world playbooks I have worked with either have a hot designator or have the players taught which routes will be hot by play design.

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> QB scrambling? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI