Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

EC 2003 Battle for Med aircraft detection

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> EC 2003 Battle for Med aircraft detection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EC 2003 Battle for Med aircraft detection - 12/27/2008 9:21:22 PM   
dmerkel

I am having trouble detecting the French Rafale M (F3) aircraft in the following battleset: EC 2003 Battle for the Med 12.0 Frat Line.

Once I am almost clear of Crete I start to encounter these aircraft. They appear out of nowhere and are right next to my aircraft when they show up on radar. The second I detect them they launch their missles. I don't know what I am doing wrong. By the time I get near Sicily my air wings are wiped out. I have the latest update ver 2008.44 installed.

I have two AEW AWACS planes flying. One at high altitude and the other at medium. I have F/A-18 Block II patrols coupled with either an ATARS or TARPS equipped plane. I can detect all other aircraft except these Rafales. Can anybody give me any guidance?

Thanks!

Doug
Post #: 1
RE: EC 2003 Battle for Med aircraft detection - 12/27/2008 9:30:56 PM   
Maromak

Hi Doug and welcome!

I personally saw the same thing with the Rafales ages ago when I was playing a Westpac scenario. A few others noted the same thing. In short, I believe the stealth db values for the Rafale were modified. Are you playing with the latest HCDB (database?)

Database updates are available from

Harpgamer

Certa Cito

(in reply to dmerkel)
Post #: 2
RE: EC 2003 Battle for Med aircraft detection - 12/28/2008 2:57:34 AM   
mack2

Rafale are bugged.

(in reply to Maromak)
Post #: 3
RE: EC 2003 Battle for Med aircraft detection - 12/28/2008 12:25:32 PM   
dmerkel

Maromak,

I am just using the stock game with the latest update. Are the databases on Harpgame in addition to the stock game?

Doug

(in reply to Maromak)
Post #: 4
RE: EC 2003 Battle for Med aircraft detection - 12/28/2008 2:38:40 PM   
ruixilyy

Actually, the database (HCDB) on Harpgamer is newer than the 044 patch database. The lastest HCDB is version 1124 (released on Nov.24) and it adds many new ship/aircraft entries. You will just copy and paste the db files (usually in a zip file) and overwrite the existed one and then the database is upgraded. You can see the database information at the lower right corner of the game window.

(in reply to dmerkel)
Post #: 5
RE: EC 2003 Battle for Med aircraft detection - 12/28/2008 4:13:53 PM   
Warhorse64

Doug, if you are using the HCDB that came with the 044 patch, you've already got the version with adjusted RCS values for the Rafale. That said, a semi-stealthy aircraft like the Rafale or the F/A-18E/F flying at Low or VLow altitude with its radar off is quite capable of sneaking up on you in the manner you describe, and you can do the same to the AI. Even an AWACS bird often won't have the power to detect such aircraft before they get into missile range. That's not a glitch, that's the way it really is ...

(in reply to ruixilyy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> EC 2003 Battle for Med aircraft detection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI