Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing Classic Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Changing Classic Scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing Classic Scenarios - 7/29/2009 7:44:48 PM   
MrRoadrunner

Because I am lazy I'm pasting the post I left on the Blitz forums:

Stealth Scenario Changes?

Can one of the Matrix team let us know why they changed West Front's "Skirmish at Mechili"?

Click link to: Skirmish at Mechili (it's in the Blitz dBASE-link does not work)
Shows that it is a D. Bevard scenario and that the visibility was: Visibility - Thick Fog

I remember playing it and the visibility was one or two hexes. Now it is listed as a night scenario (someone changed the scenario description). Someone even updated it to include starshells for each side. Funny but no artillery was added that can fire starshells. And, the units seem to set up in different, and haphazard locations? Like jax thrown on the floor.

What is the Matrix procedure for updating old "original" version scenarios?
In my opinion "Skirmish at Mechili" was a good and balanced fight that I often used to show new players how to fight with both early Brit and Italian armor. Plus, the Brit CS tanks could fire smoke and I often displayed their uses.
Is there any future way to show players that the original scenario has been altered?
Can someone update the scenario to take out the starshells or provide artillery to use them?
And, a little cleanup of the Italian side's set up?

I was truly surprised to see that this was happening.
Why change the classics? And, especially changes that do not enhance them or make them more "balanced", fun, or playable?

Someone had to go in and update the scenario to make the changes that then got included in the Matrix version 1.04 release?
Could those on the Matrix team that do those things also go in and change the descriptions in the Blitz scenario dBASE?
Or, at least put asteriks (*) before the title or a version number after the title?

These little changes just seem to be "slipped in" as surprises? Is there a list of any other "stealth" changes?

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
Post #: 1
RE: Changing Classic Scenarios - 7/29/2009 7:53:38 PM   
Jason Petho

I don't recall any of the original scenarios being modified.

I will look into it in my install when I get home and see what happened.

Jason Petho

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Changing Classic Scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI