Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retirement From The Forum

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Retirement From The Forum Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retirement From The Forum - 1/22/2009 9:43:35 PM   
Tullius

I have to announce that i decided to retire from the board. It does mean that in the future will i still read the boards but i will not more take part active in any discussions. I do not want the discuss the reasons for my decision on public but there should be no doubt that this decisions was not caused by the game itself.

I still believe that the game (even when we see no 3.0) is still the best coaching game and has the most potential - even when you consider all these questionable design decisions and still existing bugs. Others may have different focal points and will come to other conclusions.

So i still the use the game and improve things outside the 3D game. My published tools are in a good shape and if there are some problems it is still possible to write an email using the Matrix board system.

Post #: 1
RE: Retirement From The Forum - 1/23/2009 1:09:04 AM   
Frido1207

O.k. now there are only DT & Hack, who have to left the forum to make the disaster complete. First the game is dead, & shortly after that the forum too.
Sorry to say that, but the backbone of this community is destroyed. (Sorry: don´t want to offend anybody)
Don´t know about the reasons, why you´re leaving this forum, but its sad to see you´re going (too).

< Message edited by th1207 -- 1/23/2009 1:18:33 AM >

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 2
RE: Retirement From The Forum - 1/23/2009 2:06:02 AM   
hack153

quote:

O.k. now there are only DT & Hack, who have to left the forum to make the disaster complete.

thanks for the compliment.  don't worry i won't be going away any time soon.  i will have my 8th playbook coming out next month, and i am working on a comprehensive solo league.

sad to see Tullius go, but i'm sure he'll check in.

UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League

(in reply to Frido1207)
Post #: 3
RE: Retirement From The Forum - 1/23/2009 5:48:42 AM   
DreamTeams

quote:

ORIGINAL: hack153

quote:

O.k. now there are only DT & Hack, who have to left the forum to make the disaster complete.

thanks for the compliment.  don't worry i won't be going away any time soon.  i will have my 8th playbook coming out next month, and i am working on a comprehensive solo league.

sad to see Tullius go, but i'm sure he'll check in.

Same here. No reason to leave, unless the forum closes down. As Tullius said he'll be checking in just not posting.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 4
RE: Retirement From The Forum - 2/4/2009 2:07:28 AM   
VCFL Commish

Tullius sorry to see him leaving the forum as long as hes not leaving the VCFL WE WILL BE ALRIGHT. Can anyone help me here what happened to the forum.I have to say I really wasn`t paying attention over the hollidays trying to piece what happened it seems that Mykal has lead a splinter group away from this forum now thats just my preception.Mykal site to be locked down unless you join not sure whats up with that?
So is everyone just transfering over to Mykals or is the community just fading away?

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 5
RE: Retirement From The Forum - 2/4/2009 2:58:25 AM   
Mykal

quote:

it seems that Mykal has lead a splinter group away from this forum now thats just my preception.

nope, I led no one away, their choice not mine, I just happened to have webspace for a forum and they didnt

quote:

Mykal site to be locked down unless you join not sure whats up with that?

My Webspace........ My Choice

quote:

So is everyone just transfering over to Mykals or is the community just fading away?

nope, everyone aint just switching, no reason you cant be in the forum of your choice or be in both..... freedom of choice
and just to set the record straight, Mykal's Forum is'nt ran be me, I host it...... yes but its ran by a number of moderators not by me.

< Message edited by Mykal -- 2/4/2009 3:17:40 AM >

(in reply to VCFL Commish)
Post #: 6
RE: Retirement From The Forum - 2/4/2009 3:08:17 AM   
VCFL Commish

Okay I think I am getting a better grasp  of whats going on in a way.Mykal I was just wondering if your forum was an attempt to keep the community going or something seperate.You have stated that you would continue a forum if this one was looking if this one was shutting down just wondering if this was the case.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 7
RE: Retirement From The Forum - 2/4/2009 9:27:42 AM   
DONMVP

well i don`t plan on leaving this forum either . But i do check both and plan on posting at both .

(in reply to VCFL Commish)
Post #: 8
RE: Retirement From The Forum - 2/4/2009 12:52:57 PM   
Mykal

Well, I'm with Tullius really
my participation here is done really, I check in once in a while to pick up my personal messages but thats it
I hadnt posted in about a month til now
but felt I had to respond to VCFL's post to set the record straight.

Bye All, Mykal

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 9
RE: Retirement From The Forum - 2/4/2009 5:35:17 PM   
therhino

Ok I just finished my move and finally am getting on my main computer. This is more than likely one of my last posts on the forum and it isn't because Mykal started his own. VCFL, I am actually glad Mykal locked his website. If you haven't noticed some forum members use Mykal like their personal slave. They make a uniform request, he makes exactly what they ask for, (normally in less than 24 hours) and uploads it. Way to often I have seen that no one thanks him or anything, they just take it and go. If someone were doing that to me I would do the same thing.

The forum Mykal hosts is a great idea and although I haven't been able to register yet I soon will. Although I'm not a big fan of the Madden series and don't like discussion of it on the Matrix boards I have no problem with it on an independent forum. I also think having 3+ moderators is a very good idea and will help the forum greatly. IMO Mykal's forum will keep MFB alive longer than the Matrix board ever would. It will be so nice to be able to talk MFB, Madden, Backbreaker, Quick Hit, etc on the same board.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 10
RE: Retirement From The Forum - 2/4/2009 6:17:43 PM   
Erik Rutins

Sorry to see you all heading out. If there's any feedback you'd like to give us, feel free to PM me.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 11
RE: Retirement From The Forum - 2/5/2009 5:15:10 AM   
garysorrell

I am checking in here and there also. I like to keep up with the Metro and Adelaide leagues, plus grab any updates from Hack.

I like Mykals forum, good idea I think. No reason folks cant frequent both. My lack of activity on this forum is a mix of me losing some interest in the game in general, and other real life projects taking up time. And other games. Im a flight simmer at heart, so ive been playing a lot of Flight Sim 2004, and a couple of the combat sims from ThirdWire.

But, all in all, this is the best community of folks i've ever been a part of. I've made some good friends I may never meet, but good friends indeed.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 12
RE: Retirement From The Forum - 2/5/2009 10:47:31 AM   
Old Coach

I'm still here also. I haven't had much MaxFb lately for several reasons- one of which is the ice storm that knocked us out of power for 6 days. As soon as I get some time, I'll post some screen shots from bowl games that ended gameplay with my 1940 College league. Currently, I'm playing with my 12 man rules league.

I also like flight sims. I've been working with a free space flight sim that I downloaded from www.orbiter.com. I've downloaded many of the addons for orbiter and I can fly almost any spacecraft or launch vehicle, past or present. When I say I can "fly" them, I use the term "fly" loosely. I'm not a good joystick jockey because of arthritis in my hands. I'm working on a course outline for a class I'll offer in 2010 school year that I'll call "The History and Principles of Space Flight". The orbiter sim will be a big part of the course.

Old Coach

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 13
RE: Retirement From The Forum - 2/5/2009 5:46:12 PM   
Brodie

The more forums the better.An independent one from the game also shows theres still alot of interest from others on the game .I will be posting at both thanks to both forums for being there.

(in reply to Old Coach)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Retirement From The Forum Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI