Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Finnish scenarios - help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Finnish scenarios - help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Finnish scenarios - help - 11/30/2016 10:23:07 AM   
Phoenix100

Just bought this in the sale and I'm really impressed. Wonder why I hadn't seen it before.

The maps are beautiful, a really key point for me. Hats off to whoever produced them. I now REALLY miss the extra features in CSME, of course - and can't believe I will have to wait at least a year for an extra 2d zoom level, when the team converts EF etc. Would it really not be possible to add a patch giving an extra 2d zoom level? My eyes are barely good enough to play with the 2d level available, and I hate playing 3d. These 3d graphics are nice compared to other Tiller efforts, but still definitely not my thing.

Here's what I need help with, if anyone has the time and inclination! I am very keen on playing Finnish scenarios, from either the Winter or Continuation War. So far, I think I've found 4 in the EF game. I activated FB2 but, as far as I can see, that didn't add any Finnish scenarios? Is there a list of which scenarios belong to FB2 anywhere? And does anyone know where I can find more Finnish scenarios, if any exist?

Many thanks.

Peter
Post #: 1
RE: Finnish scenarios - help - 12/1/2016 5:53:18 PM   
Crossroads

Hello Peter, thanks for your interest in Finnish Front!

There's quite a few Winter War / Continuation War scenarios I did for JTCS 2.02, under the theme "Arctic Front". For instance, look at The Blitz EF scenario listing HERE to see them out. Most of them play as is, but for instance "Far From Home" requires FB2 to be activated, for the Finnish Voluteer Waffen-SS Bn units did not make it in time to be included in 2.02.

As for adding anything to JTCS 2.0x, sorry not going to happen. We are all out at making CS Vietnam and CS East Front III to hit the streets end of play next year, so no going back. The new games will absolutely be worth the wait though, they will be quite an improvement even compared to CS Middle East 1.02.

We are still a couple of months of keeping EMCON on, but hopefully soon can start talking about all the new stuff making it first to CS Middle East 1.03 in Spring 2017, and then to Vietnam and East Front at the end of that year.

All time tables subject to change but that's our current target anyway.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 2
RE: Finnish scenarios - help - 12/9/2016 11:10:16 AM   
Phoenix100

Thanks Crossroads. I might have to buy a big magnifying glass so I can play the game until EF3 comes out. Is the download of FB2 ok as is now, or do I need to patch it after downloading and installing?

Peter

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 3
RE: Finnish scenarios - help - 12/9/2016 1:13:15 PM   
Crossroads

Hello John, FB 2.0 is included in JTCS 2.02, just fire up JSGME and activate it.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 4
RE: Finnish scenarios - help - 12/9/2016 4:09:57 PM   
dox44

post from M R J i believe might help if you want to give it a try. worked for me.

Just thought i would pass on a workaround i came across over on another post on how to have your game run in a different resolution without the need to change your desktop display.
The program is called 12 Noon Display Changer and is free and very simple to use. All you need to do when you install the the program is find the "Display Changer 1024x786" shortcut in the Start menu right click it, select properties and in the Target box change the height and width to a resolution you want to try along with adding the path to the autorun.exe in the JTCS folder or other game and your good, no more tiny icons ect :)
For example my shortcut Target line to run JTCS at 1024x786

"C:\Program Files\12noon Display Changer\dc.exe" -width=1024 -height=768 /c "f:\John Tiller's Campaign Series\autorun.exe"

Now JTCS runs at the lower resolution and when i quite the game my desktop reverts back to 1920x1080 without messing up my desktop organization. Wish i found this sooner, great for older games on new displays :)

Link below.

http://12noon.com/?page_id=80

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 5
RE: Finnish scenarios - help - 12/9/2016 4:48:23 PM   
Crossroads

Cool, thanks casebier

(in reply to dox44)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Finnish scenarios - help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI