Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MCLV Retreat Hex Q:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> MCLV Retreat Hex Q: Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MCLV Retreat Hex Q: - 5/4/2002 11:40:39 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

I am currently starting the battle 'Fighting Back to Back', Node 30, Scene 86. I see that there is a 'German Retreat Hex' in the upper right hand corner of the map. Am I to assume that when I see such a hex, I am to retreat as much of my kampfgruppe off the map by the end of the battle? (There was no mention in the instructions for the battle for retreating any units off the map.) Thanks!

Eric Maietta
Post #: 1
- 5/4/2002 11:47:46 AM   
Supervisor

If there is no mention of it in the mission briefing that it's not required for the mission. It might be just decor or the same map is used for a similar battle in that node under a different option which might require it.

(in reply to AbsntMndedProf)
Post #: 2
Re: MCLV Retreat Hex Q: - 5/5/2002 11:44:49 PM   
RockinHarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AbsntMndedProf
[B]I am currently starting the battle 'Fighting Back to Back', Node 30, Scene 86. I see that there is a 'German Retreat Hex' in the upper right hand corner of the map. Am I to assume that when I see such a hex, I am to retreat as much of my kampfgruppe off the map by the end of the battle? (There was no mention in the instructions for the battle for retreating any units off the map.) Thanks!

Eric Maietta [/B][/QUOTE]

dont´confuse "retreat" (red or blue flag) hex with Victory exit hexes! Retraet hexes are always on the map and generally are there for retreating or routing units. Routing units generally rout towards these hexes on their own and this yields no points to anybody, unlike the Victory exit hexes, that MUST be used for the player to gain the BIG points!

_________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

Post #: 3
- 5/7/2002 4:18:06 AM   
rbrunsman

And don't end the movement of one of your units on those retreat hexes. I drove one of my trucks up to one of those hexes and it disappeared instantly.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> MCLV Retreat Hex Q: Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI