Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Animations & Eye Candy?... Eric?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Animations & Eye Candy?... Eric? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Animations & Eye Candy?... Eric? - 5/3/2002 8:22:26 PM   
osros

I just discovered this game and I am quite excited. I like games
with alot of detail & management keeps me off the streets and out of trouble :).

My question is I guess for Eric? or anyone who knows. What sort of animations can we expect? I see its all 2D which is fine but do
we get some sort of battle animations some sort of eye candy to go with the stats?

Also will this game be a major release in all game stores or limited to mail order companies?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
- 5/3/2002 9:25:10 PM   
WW2'er

Osros,

Warfare HQ did an interview with Mike Wood about Uncommon Valor. In it, he discusses some of the animation work.
To check it out go to
http://www.warfarehq.com/Interviews/mwood_interview.htm

The game will not be a major release in stores. Simply too expensive to buy the shelf space! They do have a list of dealers that will carry the game though. Look for the "dealers" list.

WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'

(in reply to osros)
Post #: 2
- 5/5/2002 12:30:43 AM   
shall9

After seeing the game on one of the playtesters computers you will quickly turn off all the battle results animations, they mainly just take up time. The only animations will be when you select a ship you will see a wake behind it in it's picture or smoke and fire coming out of it's side if it's damaged.

See you later honey, I'm off to conquer the planet.

(in reply to osros)
Post #: 3
Animations... - 5/5/2002 1:45:20 AM   
Erik Rutins

I have to say that I still play with all animations on, and this is after quite some time of playing UV. However, I did set all my delays down to about 0.5 seconds so that the animations resolve fairly quickly.

While playing without them gets you quicker results, I believe they add more than eye candy. Watching a flight of Vals dropping bombs on the Yorktown... one spash, two splashes, three splashes... boom! deck hit. You just can't get the same feeling without the animations.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to osros)
Post #: 4
- 5/5/2002 7:14:59 AM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Watching a flight of Vals dropping bombs on the Yorktown... one spash, two splashes, three splashes... boom! deck hit.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it may seem to the "ultimate grog" that this "just" takes time. But the thrill and excitement ain´t the same ;)

(in reply to osros)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Animations & Eye Candy?... Eric? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI