Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can I have a hint of what the next release will be?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/30/2009 11:54:45 PM   
leastonh1

Dear Matrix Staff,

As a loyal customer for over fifty years, I think it only fair you provide me with a definitive list of releases and dates (which you'll obviously rigidly stick to) for the new games of 2009. I have money (my wifes') to spend and am in the mood for something shiny and new on my PC. The list will enable me to drool over what's to come (the only excitement I get these days) and most importantly, plan my operation for clearing funding through Mrs Jim's cobweb-filled, padlocked and alarmed purse. If I am in receipt of the list now, perhaps I can preclude her responding to my request with her usual "You want ANOTHER game?! You bought one only six months ago!".

You've never let me down before and as such I'm a bit miffed that you haven't sent the list already. So, please stop drinking coffee and eating donuts and get typing forthwith.

I sincerely look forward to the PM containing the list, which will arrive shall we say, by tomorrow afternoon? Marvellous.

TTFN,
Jim

2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.
Post #: 1
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 1:10:23 AM   
JudgeDredd

I'd second a list of releases for 2009....you MUST have some firm releases...not release dates, but you must know what's coming out in 2009??

(in reply to leastonh1)
Post #: 2
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 1:59:40 AM   
junk2drive

Look back at 2008 and how many surprise deals were made. Announce the deal one week and release it the next.
Things happen fast these days.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 3
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 3:48:40 AM   
Phatguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim_H

You've never let me down before and as such I'm a bit miffed that you haven't sent the list already. So, please stop drinking coffee and eating donuts and get typing forthwith.

TTFN,
Jim

Umm, they are game designers not law enforcement.. They only speak the language of Pizza and Jolt cola

< Message edited by apathetic lurker -- 1/31/2009 3:49:20 AM >

(in reply to leastonh1)
Post #: 4
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 3:53:14 AM   
Jeffrey H.

50 years ?!? What, dog years ?

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 5
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 4:45:28 AM   
hadberz

I want The Russian Front (1941-1945) and Divided Ground and I'll be happy for little bit 

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 6
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 5:11:58 AM   
Grell

A list would be nice but I can live without it.

Regards,

Greg

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 7
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 5:17:58 AM   
Erik Rutins

The next release should be Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition, which is getting quite close to gold status.

It's looking outstanding from where I'm sitting, have a peek here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=630

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 1/31/2009 5:19:07 AM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 8
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 5:25:05 AM   
Phatguy

You guys are going to have to hold the game from being released until I go back to work..... One more month should do it........I hope

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 9:48:44 AM   
leastonh1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

Woof!

Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 10
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 9:54:28 AM   
leastonh1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

The next release should be Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition, which is getting quite close to gold status.

It's looking outstanding from where I'm sitting, have a peek here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=630

Thank you Erik. It looks like a game worth buying if the screenshots are anything to go by.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 11
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 10:07:35 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

Woof!

Woof right back at you !

If Battles from the Bulge isn't released this year it will be because the world has finally come to an end and in that case the release becomes moot anyway

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to leastonh1)
Post #: 12
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 1:37:34 PM   
cdbeck

1. I fully expected CoG:EE to be next - they let Gil R. out of his cage to do some pre-release buzz here and there.

2. Have you seen the weather Eddy (huge snows in the US, frozen lands, tempests here in the south of France - after the six inches of Mediterranean snow). They better hurry on BftB!

3. John Locke is ageless and can jump through time. He had his laptop with Matrix games on it and went back 50 years. That is what is happening with the 50 year thing.

SoM

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 13
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 3:35:09 PM   
Titanwarrior89

It seems that it maybe awhile before alot of them are released.  I just spent 600.00 bucks on board games so I am broke anyway.  It'll give me time to save some money up.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 14
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 1/31/2009 6:43:30 PM   
LarryP

quote:

Dear Matrix Staff,

As a loyal customer for over fifty years, I think it only fair you provide me with a definitive list of releases and dates (which you'll obviously rigidly stick to) for the new games of 2009. I have money (my wifes') to spend and am in the mood for something shiny and new on my PC. The list will enable me to drool over what's to come (the only excitement I get these days) and most importantly, plan my operation for clearing funding through Mrs Jim's cobweb-filled, padlocked and alarmed purse. If I am in receipt of the list now, perhaps I can preclude her responding to my request with her usual "You want ANOTHER game?! You bought one only six months ago!".

I sincerely look forward to the PM containing the list, which will arrive shall we say, by tomorrow afternoon? Marvellous.

TTFN,
Jim

Jim, you made my day! Thanks for the laugh.

(in reply to leastonh1)
Post #: 15
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/1/2009 12:43:57 AM   
hadberz

This just got added to my wish list, Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition the naval combat looks incredible. 

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 16
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/1/2009 5:10:02 AM   
06 Maestro

While we are waiting for the new releases perhaps we could broaden our interests with a little gaming-that is, I will game (run the “house”, and you guy’s gamble.

I will give 30 to one odds that COG EE will be released before Combined Arms (CA).
I will give 29 to one that BFTB will be released before C.A.
I will give 10 to one that BftB will be released before BTR-BoB

These plain bets can be easily added to with a simple request.

If you want to really make it interesting; months can be added to the winning (first) game such as:
CoG EE will be released 30 months prior to C. A. (19 to 1)

What is your pleasure? (Yuan only-100 Yuan minimum bet)
Satisfaction guaranteed!

Notice
All bets will be held by 06 Maestro until such time that that the terms of the bet have been settled. All funds in the gaming bank will be used for beer or investments by 06 Maestro as is deemed necessary. The house will make full payments to any and all winners within a reasonable time. The Gamers Gaming House is not a bank and thus is not eligible for Federal Bailout Funds. All bets will be paid in full-circumstances allowing. All bets are finale

Edit: Matrix Games web site should have additional (smaller) font choices.

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 17
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/1/2009 5:24:53 AM   
Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

It seems that it maybe awhile before alot of them are released.  I just spent 600.00 bucks on board games so I am broke anyway.  It'll give me time to save some money up.

Okay I'm curious, what boardgame cost that much and why?

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 18
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/1/2009 12:45:39 PM   
Titanwarrior89

It was 12 wargames. Some out of print-such as Gamers "Omaha". Release in 1991. I paid 275 for it plus. Ive been hunting for this one.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 19
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/1/2009 12:50:23 PM   
Titanwarrior89

What about AE?
quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

While we are waiting for the new releases perhaps we could broaden our interests with a little gaming-that is, I will game (run the “house”, and you guy’s gamble.

I will give 30 to one odds that COG EE will be released before Combined Arms (CA).

If you want to really make it interesting; months can be added to the winning (first) game such as:

Satisfaction guaranteed!

Notice
All bets will be held by 06 Maestro until such time that that the terms of the bet have been settled. All funds in the gaming bank will be used for beer or investments by 06 Maestro as is deemed necessary. The house will make full payments to any and all winners within a reasonable time. The Gamers Gaming House is not a bank and thus is not eligible for Federal Bailout Funds. All bets will be paid in full-circumstances allowing. All bets are finale

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 20
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/1/2009 2:50:56 PM   
LarryP

quote:

Satisfaction guaranteed!

Notice

I can tell what state YOU live in.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 21
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/1/2009 3:27:57 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

What about AE?

I should look into that-I was under the impression that A.E. was a figment of someones imagination-never expected it to become a reality. Maybe its for real and deserves some odds-my bad (first time I ever said that-times are a changin)

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 22
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/1/2009 3:33:13 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

Only because my name is not Running Bear-or Soaring Eagle, or Excitable (animal of your choice).

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 23
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/1/2009 5:14:09 PM   
SireChaos

quote:

quote:

Satisfaction guaranteed!

Notice

Me, too. It´s in the stat block beneath his avatar.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 24
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/2/2009 10:03:40 PM   
Eastern

What are your bets for AE and WiF never coming out ?? I'll bet on that ! Read the forum about WiF from the beginning and laugh , how many years they promise to release ?? How many release dates has AE untill now ??

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 25
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/2/2009 10:11:22 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eastern

What are your bets for AE and WiF never coming out ?? I'll bet on that ! Read the forum about WiF from the beginning and laugh , how many years they promise to release ?? How many release dates has AE untill now ??

Amen. I gave up on WiF.

(in reply to Eastern)
Post #: 26
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/2/2009 10:27:06 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

Hmm WiF might make it in 18 months -possibly less. So; 6 months or less 30 to 1, 1 year or less 20 to 18 months or less 2 to one.

About AE-I don't know- ah, I'll live on the edge here; 10 to 1 if it is released within six months. I am a little leery about going further out on that.

(in reply to Eastern)
Post #: 27
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/2/2009 10:29:50 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: SireChaos
Me, too. It´s in the stat block beneath his avatar.

Don't let that deter you from placing a bet

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 28
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/2/2009 10:32:59 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

quote:

Amen. I gave up on WiF.

Time to cash in then, Larry. Look at it like a form of short selling-you're really helping everyone
Your credit is good.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 29
RE: Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? - 2/3/2009 9:06:55 AM   
Greyshaft

quote:

quote:

Amen. I gave up on WiF.

WiF makes steady progress. The major issue is that buyers expectations were soured by the long-running CWiF saga (Computer WiF prior to Matrix becoming involved) and so even BEFORE the Matrix version was started people were complaining that it was overdue. Go read the monthly developers reports - one is due out tomorrow - and you'll understand that it will be out sometime within your lifetime :)

I jest... but don't give up on WiF.

/Greyshaft

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Can I have a hint of what the next release will be? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI