Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign Question - Fix or die?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaign Question - Fix or die? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign Question - Fix or die? - 10/16/2000 10:52:00 PM   
Windo von Paene

So after horrendous losses in battle 1 I'm faced with the upgrade/fix screen. Now if I don't fix a unit, what is it's fate? Will it still be in this list after battle 2, or is it a case of fix it or lose it? I've got 400 points and repairing my armour losses will leave me with only 2 points. So I have to decide where my priorities lie. The next mission I'm on the defense, so armor won't be as crucial, and if I could "postpone" fixing the tanks until later, I think I would be better off fixing my infantry.

Post #: 1
- 10/16/2000 10:53:00 PM   
jsaurman

You don't have to fix it, it will still be there after the second battle. Don't worry. JIM

(in reply to Windo von Paene)
Post #: 2
- 10/17/2000 3:49:00 AM   
silentsurfer

Along this same lines, another question...In the next battle when the unit is not fixed you place the tank on the battlefeild and it shows as destroyed. Well, the crew are nowhere to be seen, does this mean they are dead and their experience dies along with them? In the battle where the tank was destroyed, the crew were for the most part alive with experience and kills intact. I bailed from that battle before I could find out, I really hope they do come back for the next battle. Surfer

what the ....

Post #: 3
- 10/17/2000 7:50:00 PM   
BA Evans

Vehicles have two ways of getting destroyed. 1. Vehicle destroyed and crew dies. You will never get to keep the experience of the crew because they are DEAD! Even if you immediately repair the tank, you will still be putting in a 'new' crew, with their own set of stats. 2. Vehicle destroyed and crew lives (crew jumps out escape hatches.) The crew should appear for the next battle, with their previous experience as long as they were alive at the end of the previous battle. BA Evans

Post #: 4
- 10/17/2000 9:13:00 PM   
Windo von Paene

Well I put down the destroyed Sherman, and I think that their crew had survived the first battle, but I certainly haven't seen the crew lurking about anywhere...

Post #: 5
- 10/18/2000 4:02:00 AM   
jsaurman

Check the Unit List (clipboard) and if the crew are still around they will be listed there. I don't think you will see them until their vehicle is repaired. They are offboard, smoking and drinking beer and chasing women until they get a new tank from headquarters. JIM

Post #: 6
- 10/18/2000 4:38:00 AM   
silentsurfer

Here's an interesting tidbit, tank got smoked from an AT, crew bailed out, had lots of experience and kills. When crew got rallied enough to get back into tank, experience was ca-ca and no kills. I assume only the commander of the tank did not make it out. I have never had this happen before, it really blew..but it was sad and fun at the same time. Good bye Lt. Klaussman, I'll miss you Surfer

what the ....

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaign Question - Fix or die? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI