Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mods, anyone?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Mods, anyone? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mods, anyone? - 5/9/2002 6:28:33 AM   
Nox Celeste

Hey all,
Wondering if anyone has created a decent mod, and if so, would said person(s) be willing to explain what it's all about/new changes/etc? I'd love to kick around some ideas to update the mod I'm thinking about messing with.

So far, I've come up with a few different ideas: weapons specifically designed for orbital bombardment, exclusive planet-based weapons systems for anti-fleet defense, weapons designed to kill 'only' a planets population (think chemical warfare), weapons designed to drain energy from shields/drives, different types of ships (carriers, battleships, engineering ships). I'd like to do something about expanding the tech tree, but I'm not quite sure if that's possible.

If anyone has any other ideas I'm open to 'em. Thanks!

I can beat anyone in checkers... by playing chess.
Post #: 1
- 5/9/2002 9:56:12 AM   
madmax88

Andrew's allowed mods to be created, but as of now, only for graphics (ships, races).

I made a few changes to the races as previously posted, and also made a few tests with ship graphics.
As far as creating a larger tech tree, i have also thought of many different technologies that could be of addition to the game.

In the end though, it's up to andrew to expand it, it's his code afterall. ;)

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to Nox Celeste)
Post #: 2
Should be here soon! - 5/14/2002 10:45:57 AM   
Kahn

Hi Andrew (I hope you are reading this),

Downloaded the demo and the original version and liked it very much (glad you made the screen less busy, but wish the graphics for the ambient stuff (plasma bugs, storms, etc.) was back to the original). I am currently waiting for the actural game to arrive and have questions on modding the game.

I cannot see in the demo any files of a coherent format for alteration. I there some special editor that allows for editing this file? Haven't bothered yet to get around to file format analysis (how I've cracked games for modding in the past when developers haven't been forthcomming), though it appears by the prompt responses I've seen here, I shouldn't have to resort to such extreme measures. Could you give me a heads up on what I should expect way of editing tools and docs?

"The one you have to watch out for is the one you don't see comming!"
[B]Kahn[/B]

Post #: 3
- 5/14/2002 4:09:47 PM   
madmax88

(and i wish the shields animations could be modified... :D)

What you should do kahn is download patch 1.2 for the game right now. Mods where implemented into this version so it includes a very detailed readme on how to modify graphics for the game.
Let me know if you create/modify some graphics.... i've done some too.

- -mAdMAx

Post #: 4
vote on subject - 5/15/2002 11:08:39 PM   
rhohltjr

I voted other cause I think it should be all of the above. If you could some how get the effort of modding in STUN that you have in SEIV that would be outstanding. Since the solo player game seems to work fine in STUN, the mods would add greatly to this game. Humor is already in STUN.
I'll keep checking for good mods from time to time. :cool:

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Mods, anyone? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI