Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiple opponent opportunities

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Multiple opponent opportunities Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/6/2009 3:47:36 AM   
marky

my guadalcanal game with greycat is postponed because hes on holiday for a few weeks

id like to have another guadalcanal game while hes gone and perhaps a fast paced scen 15 game

also id like to take another stab at playing the japanese in a grand campaign, as an experiment with an understanding opponent, preferably 1 that im playing 1 of the other scenarios with who wouldnt be offended if i decided to quit, and exchange it for another game, perhaps a sopac with me as ijn

so theres multiple opportunities for games here

with me as allies of course in all games except the experiment with me as IJN

House Rules(some rule for negotiation):

Sub doctrines off
PDU on
Allied damage on
Weather on
No 4E below 6000 on naval
50 aircraft per base size level
No surrounding with fragments or small units
30k limit troops on atolls
Variable reinforcements +15
No massive exploit of the 1st turn IJN movement
Gentlemans game mor or less(if its cheap, dont do it)

keeping in mind that this is a war and a war game, but lets keep it sumwat realistic

players wishing to recreate the pacific war need not apply

and dont ask me to keep my ships in port or my planes on the ground for you to blow away

also, dont smack talk in here, keep it to yourself

< Message edited by marky -- 3/6/2009 4:28:21 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/8/2009 1:36:15 AM   
marky

anybody?

believe not the vile propaganda, just ask my current opponent

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/8/2009 6:16:58 PM   
Miller

Marky, no one has made an offer because you are totally unreliable.

You start half a dozen games at once, none of which last further than early 1942....then you disappear for a few months. Then you turn up again looking for another six opponents......and it goes on and on........

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 3
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/8/2009 7:43:19 PM   
marky

1. not remotely true
2. what did i say about the smack talk, if i remember correctly theres rules against personal attacks
3. ive had plenty of opponents disappear on me too but i dont hold it against them
4. its been years, get over it

< Message edited by marky -- 3/8/2009 7:45:33 PM >

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 4
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/8/2009 8:03:28 PM   
marky

and if theres doubts ask my current opponent and my other who is on vacation

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 5
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/8/2009 8:11:13 PM   
Miller

quote:

ORIGINAL: marky

1. not remotely true
2. what did i say about the smack talk, if i remember correctly theres rules against personal attacks
3. ive had plenty of opponents disappear on me too but i dont hold it against them
4. its been years, get over it

1. Really? You have started more AARs than anyone else on this forum, yet none last more than 100 posts.

2. Is telling the truth a personal attack?

3. I will have to take your word on that.

4. What does "Its been years" mean?

Hey, for all I know you may have turned over a new leaf and will be taking your latest games all the way........but I won't bet on it. Time will tell............

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 6
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/8/2009 8:13:38 PM   
marky

in the meantime stay out of my threads if you cant act properly

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 7
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/8/2009 8:17:06 PM   
AW1Steve

While there are rules against personal attacks, I doubt very much that anyone at Matrix will hold against telling the truth , at least not if it's relevant. I've had three games against Marky. If anyone wants my honest opion, fell free to email me at any time. It's AW1Steve , and you will find me at Yahoo.com. Or you might go back through the ARR's of the past year , see how many games that he has started, and how many he has finished. And then PM his opponents. that's the fastest and safest way to determine the truth. And if anyone desires to question my integrity, please feel free to PM me for a list of my current and former opponents. Or feel free to ask the Mod's , or ANY of the regulars. Just look for the guys with the high post counts that have been on this forum in the last year. I will stand by any statements that I've made.

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 8
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/8/2009 8:27:44 PM   
marky

i dont know why you threadsters think your gods of the universe or that people have to explain things to you, cuz they dont.

yes this is an actual fact, i know it may come as a shock.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 9
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/8/2009 9:17:05 PM   
AW1Steve

We "Threadsters", do not think that we are Gods or anything other than good neighbors. When you see someone breaking into a house, a good neighbor calls the police. Or the fire department for a fire. A good neighbor helps with sickness, helps you pull or push a persons car out of the snow, or keeps an eye on his neighbors place while the neighbor is on vacation.When you need help, or are new to the nieghborhood, a good nieghbor is always there, ready to help.  What you have run afoul of Marky, is the "Neighborhood watch". No one who is a upright citizen , or a "good neighbor" need fear the neighborhood watch. Ever.

Oh , by the way Marky, these threads are not your threads, nor my threads. They belong to Matrix, who is kind enough to let us use them. Appreciate them, use them gently and have consideration for others. In other words, be a good nieghbor.

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 10
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/8/2009 11:21:04 PM   
marky

further from good neighbor than a serial arsonist

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 11
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/8/2009 11:50:43 PM   
AW1Steve

If one is interested in improving his name , he might consider; 1) maintaining good relations with current opponents (that is finishing the campaign) 2) renewing aquiantances with people you've defaulted on and perhaps apologizing and renewing/or finishing old games. 3) not threatening or insulting them via PM's.

marky just sent you a private message at 3/8/2009 5:24:00 PM:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hmm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

if ur ever in wisconsin and have the guts to show ur face instead of snipe from a keyboard we could settle this the old fashioned way

otherwise u need to get a life, i almost fell out of my chair laughing at that last idiotic post

----------- End of Private Message (PM) -------------

You can locate this message on our forum at (you may need to login first):

Since you indicated earlier that you though posting a "private message", was both alright and "rightfully so". I didn't think you'd mind my sharing your thoughts with everyone.

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 12
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/8/2009 11:58:52 PM   
marky

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

If one is interested in improving his name , he might consider; 1) maintaining good relations with current opponents (that is finishing the campaign) 2) renewing aquiantances with people you've defaulted on and perhaps apologizing and renewing/or finishing old games. 3) not threatening or insulting them via PM's.

marky just sent you a private message at 3/8/2009 5:24:00 PM:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hmm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

if ur ever in wisconsin and have the guts to show ur face instead of snipe from a keyboard we could settle this the old fashioned way

otherwise u need to get a life, i almost fell out of my chair laughing at that last idiotic post

----------- End of Private Message (PM) -------------

You can locate this message on our forum at (you may need to login first):

Since you indicated earlier that you though posting a "private message", was both alright and "rightfully so". I didn't think you'd mind my sharing your thoughts with everyone.

1. was not a threat
2. was not an insult
3. ill apologize to no one, i have done so in the past without effect

and i dont negotiate with bullies

Green buttoned

i keep forgetting that little button is there

< Message edited by marky -- 3/8/2009 11:59:46 PM >

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 13
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/9/2009 12:45:11 AM   
jwilkerson

I expect better of you guys. Matrix management will study the posts herein and act accordingly.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 14
RE: Multiple opponent opportunities - 3/10/2009 4:26:33 PM   
Erik Rutins

Ok, a couple of comments on this.

First, I've pointed out before that when people come back from bans, they are considered to have a clean slate. There's such a thing as "post stalking" where one poster follows another around and always replies to them in the same way wherever they post. AW1Steve, I've seen you doing this with Marky and it has to stop. Give him a chance to rebuild his reputation, if he so chooses. This is a final warning on this, if you continue to bring up the same issues in Marky's threads we'll have to give you a vacation to think things over.

Second, Marky what you sent in that PM is completely and totally unacceptable. It doesn't matter if it's a post or a PM, that's across the line. I've decided to issue final warnings in this case rather than bans because I want to give you both a chance to step back and cool off. If I ever hear of you making threats or personal attacks like that in public or in private again, you will have a very long vacation from this forum.

Also, when someone who isn't following you around points out that you may have a reputation problem, the best way to deal with that is to candidly accept your past mistakes and express that you are trying to do better (if you want to build a new reputation). Trying to sweep things under the rug is not going to earn you points with anyone. You got a clean slate, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't own up to your past mistakes.

Now both of you chill out and mind your own business. If you have anything more to say on this, send it to me via PM. Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 3/10/2009 4:28:58 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Multiple opponent opportunities Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI