Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for "What-if?" Opponent

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Looking for "What-if?" Opponent Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for "What-if?" Opponent - 3/19/2009 7:51:30 PM   
Historiker

I'm looking for an active player (1turn/day or more) who is interested to play the game totally different than usual.

I'm willed to play either side! But I have a turn 1 for the Japanese almoust ready, so I'd like to play them.

First of all, it's CHS-IATB (download here and simply add it into your CHS/SCEN folder) and then the "Strike North" scenario:

1. IATB:
IATB means "I Am The BOSS". The player should have a maximum of freedom of choice. That means, for the Japs, that there are nearly no restrictions in upgrading the air groups. If you want, you may have every single fighter unit equipped with Zeros and every single LB unit equipped with G4M. The Allies also have many more options. USAAF may use USN and USMC fighters, the chinese can be equipped with A-20, B-25C, P-36 and P-40, the Dutch with Kittyhawk I instead of Kittyhawk III, The russians may fly Hurricans, Spits and P-40s as well - which are produced in huge additional numbers, etc.
The Japanese player has several additional ships - but has to pay for everyone of them. If he wants additional Carriers, he must stop other ships instead. More Destroyers? - for maybe fewer Cruisers... All ships take that amount of time as if they were laid down on 12/7/41. Carrier conversions were ordered immediately, so they arrive quite early and make Japan significantly stronger!

The Allies recieve MANY additional Carriers and Cruisers - but Cruisers and Carriers no longer respawn. This will make players not waste old ships to get new ones and a carefull player may have many more ships than ususal as the respawn carriers now get built even if the earlier ship wasn't sunk. Also the Langley reconverts to an auxiliary Carrier with very bad capabilitys - but still a carrier...
The Japanese recieve many more ground units - but all without any equipment. This system allows the Japanese to benefit from a more efficiant economy. Producing more vehicle points now allows you to have more tanks and not only to have a bigger pool. This system was tested with bigbaba and works fine as intended!

The planes now have their accurate ranges and payload. Allied 4es are even more deadly with many more bombs and bigger range, Allied DBs and TBs/Torpedo carrying LBs now have a range greater than 5. The data was taken from RHS and Empire Ablaze (2e fighters).
The map economy from RHS was implemented with many additional ressource and oil centers. Moreover, as the centers are mostly splitted, a damanged palembang doesn't mean you'll have to wait until 44 to recieve full production, you can repair it faster if enough supplies available. Moreover, ressource and oil centers close to the coast are now in coastal hexes. So far, it was impossible to get the ressources of Clark Field to the Home Islands, now most of the ressources just one to two hexes away from the sea are transfered to harbours.

Moreover, there are many additional planes. All of them were theoretically possible. Some of them were indeed in Japanese hands and not produced for some reasons like the Ju 88, the Me 109 and the He 100, others are of german origin and later versions of this planes like Me 109G, 109K and the never produced Me 109Z.

To even this, the allies recieve many more of their best fighters - and earlier (Spitfire 2/42, Mustang 12/42) as well.

2. Strike North:
Japan attacks Russia instead of the Allies. It's already at war with China but can now concentrate fully on the continental warfare.

This changes a lot and makes the game totally differen - and that's why I want to play it now!

1. Japan has limited ressources and has to crush the Russians ASAP, before their oil is gone. As final prize, the base Magadan west of Kamtchatka has a (really) huge amount of industry, oil and ressources. This base mustn't be conquered before Krasnoyarsk is captured. Then, it'll reflect the ressources, oil and industry of european russia now under axis control. This will make Japan independant from imports - and change the whole game once more!

2. As Japan shows once more its aggression, the Allies reinforce their positions. While they aren't at war, Japan mustn't attack their shipping. Consequently, they can send additional troops to PI, Malaya, Burma, Australia...
As soon as Japan and the Allies are finally at war, the Japs won't have the chance to overrun half of asia any more. Instead, their home islands are within range of 4e bombers, huge fleet bases may be not far off their Islands etc.
So while Japan has a lot of advantages, it isn't all that one handed. The additional month also made all Allied units in DEI, PI, Malaya, Burma and Inda strengthen morale and take care of their disabled sqzads. Just imagine what a phillipinean army can do without disabled squads, with fine morale and with additional US troops on their side...

I guess Japan will have overrun both Russia and China in mid 42, so after that, two armies from well prepared positions may encounter each other. No more "Japs totally rule the sea at first and then have to hide from 43 on"...

House Rules:
- No on-map training by bombing abandoned or bypassed bases. Fighters and Fighter-Bombers mustn't do bombing runs for training at all. This is done as the reinforcement pool will give the Japanese superior replacements for 42 but then, they'll be only slightly better than chinese ones...
- No construction of fortifications larger than 3 except in China and Russia as long as the Allies and Japan aren't at war. Construction of ports and airfield is allowed at will.
- Reinforcement have to be assigned to the command of the base they defend as soon as they arrive. E.g. a US Division for PI must recieve USAFFE command immediately after arrival. The Allied player must take care he doesn't send troops without haveing enough political points (This should make it more difficult to do a ahistorical "simply send all to PI"). The Allies recieve 75 PP per day which should allow them one division + support units to be transfered per month. No tricks here: no upgrading of airgroups, transfer the first repaired plane to another base to reassign it and then send the rest... Only when the full PP is available transfer is allowed!

Allied support for China and Russia:
- The allies may ship supplies to China or Russia, but Japan has the right to sink them. The same for transport planes - japan has every right to hinder conterband entering enemy territory
- Both British and US may send 10 airgroups EACH to China (British) and Russia(US). They may circle at will to give new "volunteer" units training in combat.
- Both GB and US may send each 5 aviation regiments to China/Russia via air or sea (and Land from Burma).

Peacetime rules:
- The Allies have to prevent provocations. They must order the airgroups to train to avoid attacks on Japan.
- The Allies are allowed to declare war (one day before the first strike) between 7/42 and 8/42. I would recommend that every side writes an AAR and the audience in the Allied AAR must vote for a date. This should prevent an allied intervention too early and still guarantee some surprise. Japan may attack any time.
- The Allies mustn't set their Cap higher than 30%. If Naval searched has spotted an enemy fleet close to the base <6 hex, it may be raised by 20% each day. As soon as the fleet disappears, it has to be reduced back to 30% by 10% each day.
- The subs at Manila must stay there. The rest of the fleet can be based anywhere at will with the following rules: Battle Squadrons have to stay together - no splitting of the BBs, at least 4BBs per harbour. BBs and CVs may only be based in harbours size 9, CAs and CLs only in harbours size 6 and bigger, DDs only in harbours size 4 and bigger. Ships may travel between the ports but must be disbanded then immediatly. No docking if disbanding is possible.
- Fleets have to stay in ports of their nation (PI=US) (except the ships that are already in foreign harbours like the French Destroyer. British ships may travel to DEI, Australia and New Zeeland, but the ships of that nations have to stay in their countrys. Airgroups only in their own nations airfields except the CW.
- The merchant fleet may do whatever expected to be necessary. If closing Chinese or Russian harbours 4 hex or less, they can be sunk without a casus belli for the allies.
Naval search only by PA at their maximum altitude and with 50% (both sides) as long as Jap-Allies aren't at war.

Tons of House Rules, I know. They should allow a later surprise attack by Japan. This will be really interesting then as the question will be: where are the ships I want to get?

Interested? Send me a PM!

< Message edited by Historiker -- 3/19/2009 7:53:34 PM >

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for "What-if?" Opponent - 3/20/2009 6:03:54 AM   
darken92

PM Sent

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Looking for "What-if?" Opponent Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI