Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

gamey exploitation of Luxembourg

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> gamey exploitation of Luxembourg Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
gamey exploitation of Luxembourg - 4/17/2009 2:28:15 PM   
gwgardner

When the Germans violate ONLY Luxembourg to strike at France, that should sound off major alarum bells at the very least in the Belgian capitol, if not the Dutch. Right now in the game, there is no consequence. There should be at the very least a major rise in the Belgian readiness for war, making it possible for the British or French to diplo them the next turn. Or perhaps even causing the Belgians to declare war and invite the French in to Belgium. It would be cool if the game offered the French the option of taking up forward positions in Belgium with their 3-3s and mobile forces.

If I had to screen the Belgian border, I would lose at least three, maybe more divisions, that I am now using to move into France.

Post #: 1
RE: gamey exploitation of Luxembourg - 4/17/2009 2:37:23 PM   
doomtrader

I'll do my best to get rid of this exploit.

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 2
RE: gamey exploitation of Luxembourg - 4/17/2009 4:55:04 PM   
cpdeyoung

I really hate to say this, but this is not that far from the historical performance of the Allies. They would not take the German thrust through the Ardennes seriously. The fog of war setting in this instance is close to zero. The Allied staff were so focused on their own plans they seemed blind.

The continuing fixed status is a problem however. There comes a point when even the Allied staff wakes up, and here I totally agree with your point. If these units remain fixed while the Germans eliminate them it stretches the limits of imagination!

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 3
RE: gamey exploitation of Luxembourg - 4/18/2009 1:41:09 AM   
BlueMak

I just captured Lux and the french had the Belgium attacked event. I am not at war with Belgium. Just commenting.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> gamey exploitation of Luxembourg Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI