Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

has anyone else had this bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> has anyone else had this bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
has anyone else had this bug? - 10/24/2000 12:24:00 PM   
crazyivan

i played a generated campiagn date 1943-june force.1 company ss pz4s 1 platton brumbars 1 platton 88 flak guns with transport 1 platoon spaa halftracks 37mm 1 mech ss company 4 speical opps plattons 2 batt 120mm mortars and i also added 3 batt 150mm arty as my core force,after a deciseve victory i lost 3 pz4s,1 special opps platton and several ss squads.after saving that battle you then move on to the fix and change units screen i just pressed fix all then when i went to the chosse core units for the next battle there at the bottom of my core force list marked as part of my core was the three arty batts ie aa1,aa2,aa3 ab1,ab2etc but even though they had the original unit numbers ie ao, ab etc they were special ops platoons i could not delete them and tried to replicate the same game 3 times but this has not happened since very strange.

"The best form of defence,is attack"
Post #: 1
- 10/24/2000 1:32:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by crazyivan: i played a generated campiagn date 1943-june ... and i also added 3 batt 150mm arty as my core force.
Which version are you using? (prog. / OOB) You shouldn't be able to add off-board arty to your core force, especially with German OOB. This was changed somewhere between 2.0 and 4.4 - dunno exactly A.

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 2
- 10/24/2000 2:09:00 PM   
crazyivan

sorry big guy added them as my support force i'm runnig vs 4.4 the latest.

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 3
- 10/24/2000 3:10:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by crazyivan: sorry big guy added them as my support force i'm runnig vs 4.4 the latest.
But you have to buy the support anew(sp?) for each battle ... so I just can't understand where your problem is Please explain again, seemingly I'm too ... Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 4
- 10/24/2000 3:54:00 PM   
Crimson

The same thing happened to me, too, after completing the first battle of the 'Heroes of the Motherland' campaign. After the battle, my support units of the first battle were suddenly part of my core force for the second. Artillery battalions, a couple of T-34's, everything. This happened to me in v4.0. The problem, however, didn't occur when I started the campaign over with v4.4. - Juha Virtanen -

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 5
- 10/24/2000 4:49:00 PM   
Spellbinder

Hi all, itt happened to me too in the Utah to Rhine Campaign with the Beta version. Probly this is the reason I am now in the 10th battle with a score of 30 :-) Spellbinder ------------------ "Semper Paratus"

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 6
- 10/24/2000 10:42:00 PM   
Ballan

Reinforcements adding on to the core forces was a bug that appeared I think in version 4.3b, it was supposed to have fixed in version 4.4. But unless you start over your campaign with version 4.4 I think your stuck with it.

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 7
- 10/25/2000 11:03:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

gee....to bad your support troops weren't a dozen P-47d's ....I LUV this game

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 8
- 10/25/2000 12:11:00 PM   
crazyivan

i am running v4.4 and also deleted the steel pref file and my support force came back after my first battle as my core force except instead of arty like i picked they showed up as specail ops.but having tried three times to produce the same force build up and battle the bug has not returned as yet if it was a bug in v 4.3b then why did it show in 4.4 hmmmmmmm but all things aside it is the best of the best game top effort you guys i love it very much

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 9
- 10/26/2000 3:32:00 AM   
victorhauser

THIS BUG has caused me even bigger headaches!! I was playing Utah to the Rhine and something very bad happened. As an experiment (I didn't really need them but I wanted to exercise the game engine) I requested reinforcements during the Carentan city battle. Well, the reinforcements arrived on the battlefield (which was weird as well since they were given activation turns of 511 and 512) but the worse problems were yet to come. After the battle, the reinforcements would not go away! They showed up as core forces on my unit roster. Yet even though they were on my core roster, I could not deploy them or use them in subsequent battles. However, that was a headache I could live with (they simply took up a few formation slots on my roster). Unfortunately, the nightmare had only just begun. It turns out that the game was treating those extra units as core, but was also destroying them before each subsequent game started (making them unusable). THIS IS A BAD BAD BUG! Because after every subsequent game when I used the FIX ALL command, these destroyed auxiliary core ghost units were using up all my repair points! They were also counted as destroyed for Victory Point purposes as well! As I read the posts in this topic, I'm beginning to suspect that something very bad has infected the way the game handles post-game and inter-game activities during campaigns. Especially if it has anything to do with the Utah to the Rhine campaign. I even discovered, much to my anger and frustration, that this infection carried over into other campaigns. I started a new generated campaign (after I had to stop playing Utah to the Rhine following the Siegfried Line assault battle). My first battle of this generated campaign (me as the Soviets in June 1941) gave me the same map size as the Siegfried Line battle from the Utah to the Rhine (which was the last battle of that campaign that I played, and is a non-standard size that should have been impossible for a generated campaign map). Even worse, my Soviet troops were given 0 support points and could not request reinforcements. And even worse than that, my initial deployment area was on the right side of the map. Well, guess what. Since the Siegfried Line battle of the Utah to the Rhine also had the Germans on the right side of the map, I had German forces deployed intermingled with mine at the start of the game! And guess which side moved first. Not mine! After cursing (and wasting a couple days of my life), I ended up deleting everything in my Save Folder and re-installing version 4.4 all over again. To repeat, THERE IS SOMETHING VERY WRONG with the way the game handles post-game and inter-game activities when playing campaigns in version 4.4, especially if it involves the Utah to the Rhine campaign. [This message has been edited by victorhauser (edited October 25, 2000).]

VAH

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> has anyone else had this bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI