Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Colony Revenue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Colony Revenue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Colony Revenue - 5/30/2002 9:41:49 AM   
Quicksilver

Would I be correct in assuming that the minus sign before amount indicates a negative yearly return?
ie: -66 for first fifty years -16 after.
So that even with four mines the real return will only be +4 per annum once it graduates out of colony status?
The only worlds that I have noticed with positive earning numbers are type 5 and 6. Why would the most uninhabitable planets be the most valuable?
If the above assumptions are correct then the optimum potential colony would be ones with the lowest post colony upkeep,since positve numbers are very rare.
Some clarification would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
Well, I'll take a stab at this.... - 5/30/2002 10:16:26 AM   
Kahn

I believe the reasoning for this is the developers wanted to make the resources harder to get to (High resources, low habitability), basing their logic that anyplace that would be desirable to live would not be the best place to find resources. A good allegory to this is oil, outside of LA and the black sea, few oil rich fields exist under major population centers. Most are located under deserts, contenetal shelfs, or steppe, not really locations that one would picture as great places to build a city.

"The one you have to watch out for is the one you don't see comming!"
[B]Kahn[/B]

(in reply to Quicksilver)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Colony Revenue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI