Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Utah to Rhine (end of battle 1, start of #2) (spoilers)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Utah to Rhine (end of battle 1, start of #2) (spoilers) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Utah to Rhine (end of battle 1, start of #2) (spoilers) - 10/25/2000 2:17:00 AM   
Latka

Man, this is fun I finished the end of the first scenario this morning. I think I did much better this time around... 8723 to 698 in favor of the US Army. Pounding the town into submission turned out to be the key for me there. The German Spec Ops and Engineer squads are really deadly when you get in close, but they don't seem to hold up too well to about 5 turns in a row of multiple 8-in howitzer batteries raining down on them. Started the 2nd battle, well...deployed at least. I was quite relieved to find that there was a force of something like 2x my strength already in place there, so we're rip-roarin' and ready to go. Pounded the snot out of the town with all the arty and planes that I had to start things off. Uncovered a frickin' convoy of SdKfz Halftracks towards the south, so I can only imagine the fun I'm going to have there. I changed a couple of my .30 cal MMG squads out with the M16 quad .50 halftracks. Someone had posted elsewhere on the board that they were good for anti-infantry use, so I'm going to check those out. My only concern is that in the close streets of this rather large town that they'll get jumped and destroyed. Guess they're not going to be the first line! -Andy (A firm believer in the arty barrage)

Post #: 1
- 10/25/2000 9:45:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Artillery was the biggest killer of WW2, much more than small arms. And it seems to be very well mirrored in SPWAW, Andy. Glad you survived #1. In fact, you did more than survive - great score! Keep those guns smoking. Gotta love them. Thanks for the good update!...Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 2
- 10/25/2000 9:53:00 AM   
Latka

Thanks, WB. It's great to see yourself and the other Matrix guys in here. Definitely makes me fell more "welcome" with the game, knowing that help is just around the corner if I need it. -Andy

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 3
- 10/25/2000 10:56:00 AM   
Tankhead

Heya Andy! When you buy onboard artillery also buy some ammo truck or ammo dump, then you can pound pretty well anything into oblivion every turn or till your arty breaks down Artillery rules Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 4
- 10/25/2000 1:53:00 PM   
Latka

Thanks, TH. I'll keep that in mind next time I run to the Commissary / PX for my troops I guess that makes sense, eh? Put all the big bullets next to your on-board Arty and they can play all day. Muhahahahahah! Now, if I could only convince the war department that I needed a full 3 batallions of 8 inch howitzers... -Andy

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 5
- 10/26/2000 3:07:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Latka: Thanks, TH. I'll keep that in mind next time I run to the Commissary / PX for my troops I guess that makes sense, eh? Put all the big bullets next to your on-board Arty and they can play all day. Muhahahahahah! Now, if I could only convince the war department that I needed a full 3 batallions of 8 inch howitzers... -Andy
Hi Andy! You crack me up I need a towel to wipe my face ROTFL Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Utah to Rhine (end of battle 1, start of #2) (spoilers) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI