Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

org upgrade???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> org upgrade??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
org upgrade??? - 6/23/2009 9:08:38 PM   
shadowX

first off let me say that i am so glad to have this game back (east front). i played it back in the late 90's\00's when it came out and until my computer blew up i had gotten to july 44. it took about 3 years in rl to get to that point but it was a blast the whole way. ive started another camp with ef through talonsoft and have just made b. gen. after only 16 senerios. however i am still commanding a bat only. why or when will i get an org upgrade. when i played it in the 90's i made routine org upgrades; div with prom to lt.col. corp with b. gen. however this time around im a general with only a bat still. i have over 40k xp. im abit confused and would like to know if im doing something wrong or what? did i miss something i needed to click or turn on?? also i may be wrong, its being a long time since i played this but is there a reason i have no art?? i mean i get 1 maybe 2 82mm mortors and a bat or 280mm rockets but the rockets are pretty much useless since they have such a short range. ive completed most of my sen without the benefit of any art. why do i not have 105\150's? oh and one more question. i notice that the oob is different for mcs (whatever mcs stands for, poss matrix camp series??) why is the oob so different from the talonsoft oob? is that ef 2? i never played ef 2 so i dont know. thanks, and again thanks for bringing back this game.

< Message edited by shadowX -- 6/23/2009 9:13:15 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: org upgrade??? - 6/23/2009 9:10:18 PM   
shadowX

(in reply to shadowX)
Post #: 2
RE: org upgrade??? - 6/24/2009 12:12:57 AM   
Borst50

what version of JTCS are you using? V. 1.04 is currently out....you may be using 1.00, or 1.01. The old Talonsoft OOB's were brought back by request in V. 1.04, as well as some additional changes. It seems that the old Talonsoft OOB's had a fatal flaw in them that caused DCG's to crash for most people in late 42. Thats why they were scrapped. As far as I know, they havent been fixed, so use them at your own peril. The reason you may not be getting org upgrades is from the version you are currently using, but I am not certain on this. I started with V. 1.02 and got them, so i am thinking you havent updated.

(in reply to shadowX)
Post #: 3
RE: org upgrade??? - 6/24/2009 4:40:25 AM   
shadowX

thanks. as far as i know im up to date. i clicked the check for updates on the main screen and it says im up to date however i dont see what version im using.

(in reply to Borst50)
Post #: 4
RE: org upgrade??? - 6/24/2009 5:42:01 AM   
TAIL GUNNER

You're probably better off playing with the MCS orgs.

Jason built these up from scratch to get rid of the infamous understrength upgrade bug that plagued the DCGs for years....

ChadG

"If you want peace, prepare for war."

(in reply to shadowX)
Post #: 5
RE: org upgrade??? - 6/24/2009 12:48:25 PM   
simovitch

40K experience points should have got you to command a Division if you selected a standard formation.

The likely cause is the OOB structure of the formation you selected has a disconnect that is telling the DCG that Battalion is the highest command available. You may not see an offer of promotion until you get to 55000, which is Corps level IIRC.

simovitch

(in reply to shadowX)
Post #: 6
RE: org upgrade??? - 6/26/2009 1:58:14 AM   
oldman45

Its been a long time since I played the old game and I recently bought the new set. How do I know which version of a LCG I am playing on the east front?

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 7
RE: org upgrade??? - 6/26/2009 12:38:04 PM   
simovitch

Except for some minor changes in some WF DCG's I dont think any of the campaign games were tinkered with at all. The readme for the game and each patch will explain what has changed.

Either way I think you are safe.

simovitch

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 8
RE: org upgrade??? - 6/26/2009 3:53:24 PM   
1925frank

If I understand this correctly, I don't think the OOB you pick in a LCG makes any difference for purposes of upgrades or potential crashes.

However, the OOB you pick in a DCG does makes a difference both for upgrades and potential crashes.  The original Talonsoft OOB are bugged with both problems.  The Matrix OOB cure both problems.  My understanding is that when selecting your OOB, the Matrix OOB are flagged in their file name, but I'm not sure how.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 9
RE: org upgrade??? - 6/26/2009 6:52:08 PM   
Borst50

from my understanding, LCG OOB's are completely seperate from DCG OOB's....so there should be no worry that an LCG will crash....at least from OOB error.

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> org upgrade??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI