Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Previous Owner - DRM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> World War II: General Commander >> Previous Owner - DRM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Previous Owner - DRM - 6/21/2009 4:29:22 AM   
sabre100

Hi -

I purchased this game direct from the Vendor before Matrix is selling it. Will Matrix/Developer release a patch to remove the really bad DRM and Activiation system??? I so regret buying this game direct from the developer because of the very intrusive DRM If I knew a few months ago that Matrix would get it I would wait as Matrix's serial number rocks and why I support Matrix and purchase majority of their games. PLEASE DEVELOPER IF YOU ARE READING THIS give us previous owners a way to convert our copies to the MATRIX EDITION and REMOVE this crazy wanna-be starforce DRM system you have as my money went to supporting your game and I get buttkus in return if I have to reinstall my game ever. Right now I am renting the game and not owning it because of the DRM system it uses.
Post #: 1
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 6/21/2009 4:57:43 AM   
GoodGuy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre100

Right now I am renting the game and not owning it because of the DRM system it uses.

Well, first, you say you bought it directly from their site, and then you say you don't own it? Hrmm lol
And what's different about your "rental" version?
Your post is kinda confusing.

< Message edited by GoodGuy -- 6/21/2009 4:58:34 AM >

"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 2
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 6/21/2009 9:13:15 PM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: GoodGuy
Well, first, you say you bought it directly from their site, and then you say you don't own it? Hrmm lol

I see what he's saying. He bought the game in good faith, and now, due to the protection system, it's like he's merely renting the game, not owning it.

I support his call for resolution of this problem in favor of those who supported the developer by purchasing, and now, are in danger of being left out in the cold due to the new marketing arrangement with Matrix.

I'm sure Erik and folk will work out a solution. They just need to have their atention drawn to it.

Sabre, I suggest that you e-mail Matrix technical support and Erik Rutins at the address he gives whenever he posts on these forums. You can count on being treated fairly.

I an surprised, though, that no formal moderator has been assigned to this forum. It's usually someone from the developer. I believe that a formal contact point for customers with these kinds of concerns ought to be established.l

< Message edited by pasternakski -- 6/21/2009 9:19:15 PM >

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 3
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 6/21/2009 9:40:03 PM   
GoodGuy

quote:

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

I see what he's saying.

Yeah, me too... now lol. Dang, I shouldn't post at 5 a.m. in the morning
My tired brain thought there'd be a retail (DVD-)version (as the devs promised to check out how to get out a physical shipment), so I kinda wondered whether he got a DL + a rental DVD or something that wouldn't have that kind of DRM ...lol
Silly me :P

Oh, and yes, the absence of a mod made me wonder, too.

< Message edited by GoodGuy -- 6/21/2009 9:43:22 PM >

"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 4
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 6/21/2009 10:26:59 PM   
pasternakski

quote:

quote:

I see what he's saying.

Yeah, me too... now lol. Dang, I shouldn't post at 5 a.m. in the morning
My tired brain thought there'd be a retail (DVD-)version (as the devs promised to check out how to get out a physical shipment), so I kinda wondered whether he got a DL + a rental DVD or something that wouldn't have that kind of DRM ...lol
Silly me :P

Oh, and yes, the absence of a mod made me wonder, too.

Nah, pal, nothin' silly about it. The way I see it is that Matrix doesn't always think these marketing arrangements all the way through, and then, a lot of customers are left with uncertainty and disappointment.

If we're gonna be the "goody good goody feel good all the way let's be a community and raise everybody's children properly" game company (well, forget that last part), we need to arrange in advance for the consequences of what we do to existing customers in the interests of expanding sales and absorbing minor developers.

And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 5
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 6/22/2009 3:58:02 AM   
sabre100

quote:

quote:

I see what he's saying. He bought the game in good faith, and now, due to the protection system, it's like he's merely renting the game, not owning it.

I support his call for resolution of this problem in favor of those who supported the developer by purchasing, and now, are in danger of being left out in the cold due to the new marketing arrangement with Matrix.

I'm sure Erik and folk will work out a solution. They just need to have their atention drawn to it.

Sabre, I suggest that you e-mail Matrix technical support and Erik Rutins at the address he gives whenever he posts on these forums. You can count on being treated fairly.

I an surprised, though, that no formal moderator has been assigned to this forum. It's usually someone from the developer. I believe that a formal contact point for customers with these kinds of concerns ought to be established.l

Thanks Pasternakski you are 110% correct that is my situation, I purchased the game direct from the developer before they signed this deal with Matrix. Knowing how much Matrix's Serial System ROCKS and why I buy majority of their games I would like for previous owners who supported this developer to be given a patch that converts their game into the matrix version. I can provide what ever documentation or proof is needed of purchase. To the rest - sorry if my posting was confusing I am so upset at these DRM server activation systems I feel like I as an honest customer am renting the game as if I ever need to re-install and this developer shut's down their activation servers I am out of a game I paid hard-earned money for.

Post #: 6
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 6/23/2009 11:14:38 PM   
Erik Rutins

There's no limitation that I'm aware of in our installation. I'm not familiar with what may have been done in the previous release, but as far as I know ours is a more up to date version and only uses our normal serial number system.

Based on the questions here, I've just addressed these questions to the developers to gather some info on this and see if there's anything we can do as far as prior sales go. I can't guarantee a thing, but I can at least inquire.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 7
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 6/24/2009 2:37:06 AM   
pasternakski

See, sabre? Erik and the boys here are absolutely the greatest (apologies to Muhammad Ali, of course).

And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 6/24/2009 4:55:41 AM   
sabre100

Erik - Thanks so much please keep us posted in this forum what the developer says.

Pasternakski - Thanks so much for all your help.  Your the best appreicate the help in voicing my concerns and helping out to get a resolution.

Post #: 9
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 6/25/2009 1:58:23 PM   
Joram

I believe the original game required online activation and had a 3 install limit. Definitely hope this is taken out as that's way too draconian for my tastes. Haven't seen anywhere if the DRM has been changed or not.

With that said, it looks like a real nice game otherwise.

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 10
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 6/25/2009 2:08:51 PM   
Erik Rutins

There's no install limit or other DRM on our version, just the usual Matrix Serial Number system.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 11
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 6/25/2009 8:04:39 PM   
Joram

Excellent!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 12
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 7/6/2009 12:27:34 PM   
GIveloper

Hello Everybody,

My name is Victor Perez, and I am the Designer of WWII: GC. I will support this forum for any question you have.

Regarding the question of DRM and the confusion some people try to create around our game.

Each publisher is using his own DRM/Control system. Currently the game is available in three platforms:

Stragames.com.
Gamersgate.
And in the next future Matrixgames.com

Basically we have followed the advise of each publisher regarding the DRM/Control policy, that policy will change as the initial control period is almost away and a new long time solution will be apply.

In the case of Matrixgames.com, that policy is dictated by Matrix. And I see Erik has commented it twice here.

All the best, Victor.

Games GI

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 13
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 7/6/2009 5:05:00 PM   
benpark

As someone that did buy the DRM version, I sure wish I had known about a future Matrix version. If you guys do any games in the future, I HIGHLY suggest announcing with Matrix before any of these other vendors.

Will there be any game-play differences in the Matrix version?

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to GIveloper)
Post #: 14
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 7/6/2009 7:27:57 PM   
GIveloper

Hi Ben,
The Matrix version will be the 1.3 and we will release a patch for upgrade your version. The single difference is the MP, with the version 1.3 it is not required to connect to our servers and you can play in local network or internet as we will give you the server to host your games.
You will play the same as Matrix buyer will play.
All the best, Victor.

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 15
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 7/8/2009 4:55:11 PM   
sabre100

Hi Victor -

I also purchased the DRM version from stragames.com will you release a patch for that version to make it 1.3 and remove DRM? Thanks

(in reply to GIveloper)
Post #: 16
RE: Previous Owner - DRM - 7/9/2009 10:33:52 AM   
GIveloper

Hi Sabre100,

We are negotiating with Nexway.fr since December 2008, the current DRM is quite restrictive. Basically you have 10 installations, if you request more or ask for resending you the download link the only you have to do is to send an email to stragames@nexway.fr (copy stragames@stragemes.com) and they should provide it. But, yes, right now that is quite complicate so I am talking to them to change it… I hope to give you news soon.
What could be great for us is if you post it in Stragames.com that will help me in the negotiation with them!!

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> World War II: General Commander >> Previous Owner - DRM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI