Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Turret Ring Kills?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Turret Ring Kills? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Turret Ring Kills? - 12/2/2000 7:36:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

When WAW decides that turret ring has been hit? I have not seen many, so it must be quite rare thing to happen. First one that I saw - however, caused some strange things to occur... I Did some equipment tests prior my next PBEM game... 88mm Flak ran out of AP-ammo, so I fired HE-rounds against advancing british Valentines. First round -> missed Second round -> Boom! Turret Ring Kill! Strange thing was that 88mm Flak (yes - that same one!)was destroyed as well! Did that killed british Valentine crew had some mystical methods of revenge or was this just one of those one-time bugs that just happened to raise its ugly head during this (test) battle? [This message has been edited by Peregrine Falcon (edited December 02, 2000).]

--Peregrine Falcon--
Post #: 1
- 12/3/2000 12:08:00 AM   
Arralen

Easy answer .. the turret blew away .. and came down right on the 8.8 Must have happened "in real live" at least once - there's a pic somehwere on the net that shows a blown-up KV-1 (IIRC) without turret, and a big tank turret that lies upside-down on something that looks vaguely like a 8.8 mounted on a truck A. PS: Do you have a savegame, so that you can re-create the shot? I would say it's a bug I never heard of before ...

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Peregrine Falcon)
Post #: 2
- 12/3/2000 11:35:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by Arralen: Easy answer .. the turret blew away .. and came down right on the 8.8
quote:

Must have happened "in real live" at least once - there's a pic somehwere on the net that shows a blown-up KV-1 (IIRC) without turret, and a big tank turret that lies upside-down on something that looks vaguely like a 8.8 mounted on a truck
I know that picture also..Just cant remember where I saw it. Could be that I have that image somewhere...
quote:

PS: Do you have a savegame, so that you can re-create the shot? I would say it's a bug I never heard of before ...
No. Sorry. No savegame available. I wish there would be one, and I dont how hard it is to duplicate this...this....spooky 'Valentine (revenge) Bug' Maybe I'll do some testing again. Who know if that ugly bug again stomps another 88'

--Peregrine Falcon--

(in reply to Peregrine Falcon)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Turret Ring Kills? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI