Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply always supply ...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Supply always supply ... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply always supply ... - 7/31/2009 4:54:33 AM   
Scott_USN

Does supply need to be moved by ship to West coast or will it trickle across?

I wasn't sure, Kerachi also do I need to move it from the Brit bases all over the world?
Post #: 1
RE: Supply always supply ... - 7/31/2009 5:01:22 AM   
Nomad

If you increase the requirements for the major ports on the West coast, they will draw from East USA.

(in reply to Scott_USN)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply always supply ... - 7/31/2009 5:04:29 AM   
scott64

How about the base in the middle of nowhere. I see an arrow to click to increase the supply at a base. Where does the supply come from? Do I need to ship it there by boat or carrier pidgeon?

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply always supply ... - 7/31/2009 6:54:00 AM   
Brady

I would sugest reading the manual, but in a nut shel....

West Coast- Suply is pulled from the east coast over the rail net to the west coast, it moves in pulses, weakly pulses.

This is true for everywhear on the map, Alice springs pulls its from Suply generating centers or dumps in Austrailia over the rail net, if you want more than the base has as a default just crank up the desired amount. It does not apear over night but it will get their in a week or less generaly.

Suply requirements in India are imo generaly suficient to sustain local operations, if you dont get crazey building every base on the subcontant at once that is.

In AE Cmbate will consume a lot more suply than stock, so if you plan a protracted battle somplace, like Rangoon, ship in a lot of suply, again refer to the manual for more details.

< Message edited by Brady -- 7/31/2009 6:55:09 AM >

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply always supply ... - 7/31/2009 7:03:07 AM   
Scott_USN

I hate reading electronic books... :)

Not to mention people like you put it in much simpler terms without all the pretty pages looking like 1942 I never liked the manual think it was bad in the first and just as bad in this one. Black and white folks, although the first one was black and white it never got to the simple things like supply and explaining how to move it. IN fact someone long ago told me how to supply worked the manual was terrible at it.

Thank you, I prefer in a nutshell not spread over 330 pages. See how easily you would have wrote the manual?

< Message edited by Scott_USN -- 7/31/2009 7:06:18 AM >

(in reply to Brady)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply always supply ... - 7/31/2009 7:15:11 AM   
Canoerebel

Writing manuals is complicated, tedious, and quite demanding.  You can see the amount of work that went into this one, but what you see is just the tip of the iceberg.  The manual explains the supply question you asked, so had you read the manual you would've saved Brady the time it took to explain it. Read the manual; or, do like I do - don't read it, get totally clobbered or confused, then finally read it and learn alot.

(in reply to Scott_USN)
Post #: 6
RE: Supply always supply ... - 7/31/2009 7:27:52 AM   
Scott_USN

The manual is a great thing don't get me wrong it is good well wrote I suppose but it misses the simple experience of things. I just wish there was a FAQ in the manual... Kudos to the writers and I mean that.

I have not read the manual because I don't have time to read it and absorb all of it I read Bernard Cornwell last night much more interesting. But thankfully we have one of the most active and obsessive membership forums right here. It is like asking an Oracle.

For example

Hey how many AA guns and what size where they on the US CLAA Atlanta class? I will get answer, the person may roll their eyes as if it should be second knowledge to me but they will answer and tell me true.

It is part of the fun of the game sharing information so I know I annoy people with my questions but really they are not meant to. I am appreciative to all those who do answer my mundane questions.

I will not get clobbered, I will win if I have to Bonzai the 1st Marine DIV to Tokyo in my last 3 AP’s I will win, now that I know how to make them into the division and how to feed them you have GREATLY advanced my learning and I thank you, as someone answered me in another thread about how to combine units I am happy, I read when I need to know something and ask when I don’t find it in 10 mins. But I did read Edison’s Raiders book and I realize the 1st Div was not put together before the war but scattered. I love the detail. They even have the 1st Raider and 2nd Raider coming on line with history. I love history and have a treasure of books but this one escapes me…

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Supply always supply ... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI