Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OOB's newbie type question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OOB's newbie type question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OOB's newbie type question - 10/29/2000 11:35:00 PM   
Pack Rat

Never fooled around with the oob's and I decided it was time. The oob's in the game folder are all text files, but the ones made by Warhorse and Arralen, for example are some thing else. What type file are they? How do I use them? Any thing else I, or others should be aware of? Tankheads site has the original oob's for download, but I don't think there is a version on it. I'm in fear of screwing up the files so I can't play email games when 4.4 is fixed. Soapbox time The manual that comes with W@W is the best that ever hit the stage, no doubt about it. The net is a wonder. What do these have in common? The above probably could have been found by me else where. But you know what? I like the personal aspect of forum boards very much. After all, you only read the directions after you broke it right? ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR
Post #: 1
- 10/29/2000 11:52:00 PM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by Pack Rat: Never fooled around with the oob's and I decided it was time. The oob's in the game folder are all text files, but the ones made by Warhorse and Arralen, for example are some thing else. What type file are they? How do I use them? Any thing else I, or others should be aware of? Tankheads site has the original oob's for download, but I don't think there is a version on it. I'm in fear of screwing up the files so I can't play email games when 4.4 is fixed.
Howdy The actual oob files are in the main game directory, they are named oob## without any .txt or similar ending. You edit and view these best with the included oobeditor. The text files you may have found from the oob subdirectory are simply lists of changes that were made to the oob's when the game advanced from 2.x version to ver. 4 If you want to edit the oob files it's best you take the oob's from the main directory and copy them someplace safe. Thus if/when your email game gets sc%&wed you can have the original oob from the backup. Voriax ------------------ OOB-Wan Kenobi

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OOB's newbie type question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI