Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Historically accurate AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Historically accurate AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Historically accurate AI - 1/12/2022 6:35:11 AM   
Ekaton

I heard that there are modified scenarios that have historically plausible AI. Could anyone help me with finding and installing them?

I need ten females for each male...
Post #: 1
RE: Historically accurate AI - 1/12/2022 6:51:33 AM   
BBfanboy

Perhaps your question is best asked in the Mods section, where the denizens are familiar with the changes they made to the game (often for better historical accuracy).

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 2
RE: Historically accurate AI - 1/16/2022 7:33:10 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ekaton

I heard that there are modified scenarios that have historically plausible AI. Could anyone help me with finding and installing them?

Sorry, but there is not real AI, but scripts. Also the AI is only good to learn the game, it is not an opponent to take seriously (if you learned the game). There are 2-3 "fantasy" scens which give "AI" much more stuff, but it does not get cleverer from this

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 3
RE: Historically accurate AI - 1/17/2022 2:47:49 AM   
geofflambert

The AI already has several cheats to do as well as it does. Its only purpose as far as I'm concerned is to get the hang of the mechanics of the game and then seek human opponents. There is at least one forumite that comes to mind that has never played a human. I can't even fathom that. To be honest I only played Allied long enough to be able to do justice to playing the Japanese side and put up a decent fight.

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 4
RE: Historically accurate AI - 1/17/2022 3:14:14 AM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

The AI already has several cheats to do as well as it does. Its only purpose as far as I'm concerned is to get the hang of the mechanics of the game and then seek human opponents. There is at least one forumite that comes to mind that has never played a human. I can't even fathom that. To be honest I only played Allied long enough to be able to do justice to playing the Japanese side and put up a decent fight.

C'mon Gorn! There's PLENTY of forum folks who play the AI exclusively, and enjoy the heck out of it. With all the other lunacy going on in the forum lately, lets not re-open the ancient PBEM vs AI divide. Both methods can give you an excellent game, it just depends on the individual player and what they enjoy (or don't).

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
RE: Historically accurate AI - 1/17/2022 3:21:25 AM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

quote:

C'mon Gorn! There's PLENTY of forum folks who play the AI exclusively, and enjoy the heck out of it. With all the other lunacy going on in the forum lately, lets not re-open the ancient PBEM vs AI divide. Both methods can give you an excellent game, it just depends on the individual player and what they enjoy (or don't).

Not only is all that other stuff going on but Kull of all people goes all caps on me thrice!

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 6
RE: Historically accurate AI - 1/17/2022 4:47:49 AM   
Ian R

quote:

I've never played a human. I played against human (usually axis side) opponents in multiple CWIE and Pacwar back last century. Only once did an axis player go the distance after the tide turned. The rest just disappeared when their plans for early victory failed. They were weekly turn games. This game, with daily turns, is too much of a time investment to end up being ghosted.

"I am Alfred"

Post #: 7
RE: Historically accurate AI - 1/17/2022 8:26:41 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

quote:

I've never played a human. I played against human (usually axis side) opponents in multiple CWIE and Pacwar back last century. Only once did an axis player go the distance after the tide turned. The rest just disappeared when their plans for early victory failed. They were weekly turn games. This game, with daily turns, is too much of a time investment to end up being ghosted.

Thanks Ian R - that sums up my thoughts too - only I am more concerned about being the ghost because I cannot maintain the kind of pace and reliability a PBEM opponent would want.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 8
RE: Historically accurate AI - 1/17/2022 11:59:34 AM   
Kull

quote:

Not only is all that other stuff going on but Kull of all people goes all caps on me thrice!

And two of those were "AI" and "PBEM". I'm outta control, baby!

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Historically accurate AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI