Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No experience on OOB editing .. needs help (Ja jos o suamesta ni vielä parempi)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> No experience on OOB editing .. needs help (Ja jos o suamesta ni vielä parempi) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No experience on OOB editing .. needs help (Ja jos o su... - 11/28/2000 9:36:00 PM   
GI Seve

OK I would be very thankful if some great guru would tell me the secrets of OOB editing ... I need to add few tank formations to OOB (34/85 to finns (atleast on -44), Maus for germans at late -45 and that odd US super tank I've heard (95 - something? ) to be added to US tank formations in early -46 ... ) So in simple words how do I do this? Step by step help would be nice. Thank you in advance ------------------ I wish I knew how to play this game good allready now.Quite a mess on my battles ;P

HallelujaaGobble!
Post #: 1
- 11/29/2000 1:33:00 AM   
Warhorse

Hello, first thing you need to do is make two new folders in SPWAW, one labelled 'stock oob's', and one 'custom oob's. Copy all the oob files and paste them into the stock folder, and also into the custom folder, now you have your back-ups, and the custom folder to tinker with. Which ever ones you are using from now on, you will copy/paste from either of these, depending on which you prefer! 1)Open Spwawedit,located in the main directory, open the desired oob file in the custom folder by changing directory, or just make a copy in the custom folder of SPWAWEDIT. 2)To make a plt, the first building block, go to formations in the program, find an empty slot, and do the following; make the name of the plt,fill in the date of service to match that of the unit in question. If armor, you need to put armor in the menu slot in the top right, this is where it will be purchsed in the game.Make the unit size plt also top right, leave special flag alone, this is for companies. In the unit slots below, put in the desired amount of tanks, 1 in each slot, using the pull-down box, or enter the unit number directly, then put quantity of '1' in the end of each unit entered. This is your plt. 3)Basicly same for the company, dates, name of company type, fill in company, in top right, and menu to buy from, armor in this case. The flags are tricky, I won't go into it here as there are quite a few, these modify sometimes points in buying, or the way the company co will act, etc. First unit slot, and sometimes two first slots are single units, the company CO, and XO. Then below that are two to three of the plt's you just made, enter the FORMATION number in the first slot, of the plt formation here, and a 1 for quantity at the end of each, although really doesn't matter for companies. BEWARE that with the Finns, in particular, most if not all of the 28 formations per page in the game buy screen might already be filled up, good chance your new units will be off-page, unable to be purchased!! As far as the Maus, and the U.S. Heavy, same applies here as for the Finns, the U.S. will be ok probably, but the unit does not exist on your oob's yet, or does it!? If it is there, just make a section of two for this one to be realistic, same for the Maus, not plts, or companies, but that's your perogative;-) After all the editing you do is complete, save the file and exit the editor, then copy the oob file into the main SPWAW directory to use it, if you play PBEM, you will need to put the oob from the 'stock' folder back into the directory. Just a quick how-to, hope it helps!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to GI Seve)
Post #: 2
- 11/29/2000 2:48:00 AM   
GI Seve

Thank you very much!!! Now I have something to start with on this OOB editing.

HallelujaaGobble!

(in reply to GI Seve)
Post #: 3
- 11/29/2000 3:35:00 AM   
Don

Hey Mike! Great answer - I've wondered about that stuff myself, although so far I'm happy just using what the game gives me. What I was wondering, since I haven't seen a detailed explanation like that before (I think), is if SOMEBODY (hint,hint) should write that up and post it. It could go right next to the "How to edit campaigns", which was great also. What do you think? Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to GI Seve)
Post #: 4
- 11/29/2000 5:48:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

The manual has sections on the OOB editor and designing campaigns.

(in reply to GI Seve)
Post #: 5
- 11/29/2000 7:19:00 AM   
Warhorse

Paul, am I blind... I can't find that section!!?? I'll write it up, just for ****s and giggles!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to GI Seve)
Post #: 6
- 11/29/2000 2:17:00 PM   
JTV

quote:

Originally posted by GI Seve: OK I would be very thankful if some great guru would tell me the secrets of OOB editing ... I need to add few tank formations to OOB (34/85 to finns (atleast on -44), Maus for germans at late -45 and that odd US super tank I've heard (95 - something? ) to be added to US tank formations in early -46 ... ) So in simple words how do I do this? Step by step help would be nice. Thank you in advance
Minä voisin ehkä jelpata vähän asian kanssa, tosin kun nuo lopulliset oob-tiedostot ovat tulossa niin en ehkä sinuna panostaisi valtavasti vaivaa noihin korjailuihin. Tuo T-34/85 lisääminen: 1. Joudut muuttamaan editorilla sen tarjolla olo ajan alkamaan June 1944 2. Minkä jälkeen voit tehdä formations-tasolle muodostelman jossa on vain yksi T-34/85 (onnistuu todennäköisesti helpoiten kopiomalla "T-34/85 Sec" johonkin tyhjälle kohdalle siellä, muuttamalla nimestä tuo "Sec" pois ja muuttamalla tarjollaoloaika alkamaan June 1944:stä). Tuo US:lainen T26 on vaikeampi tapaus, siitä pitäisi tietää panssaroinnin vahvuudet, missä kulmassa panssaroinnit ovat, aseistus, aseistuksen ammustyypit ja niiden läpaisy-tehot panssaria vastaan, miehistön lkm jne ennenkuin sen voi tehdä. Jos on kysymyksiä niin voit mailailla ohessa olevaan mail-osoitteeseeni.

(in reply to GI Seve)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> No experience on OOB editing .. needs help (Ja jos o suamesta ni vielä parempi) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI