Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Adjusting Production Sliders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Adjusting Production Sliders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adjusting Production Sliders - 1/3/2010 12:33:56 PM   
Kriegsspieler

Hey, Gang --

Just bought this monster during the Matrix holiday sale and have begun digging into it. The documentation is superb, including Bryan Morgan's economy guide. Well done!

But here's a basic question: is there a device available to "lock" a production slider once you've set it where you want? I thought that right-clicking on the slider, which highlights it the slider border in red, would do that, but it doesn't. (So what does the red highlighting do?) Anyway, I find moving the sliders to be pretty annoying, because once you've begun to move the last slider, any small mistake in that one will change the others and you've got to go back to square one to set them. I realize that absolutely precise settings are not necessary, but is there any way to avoid having this happen, apart from being really, really careful?
Post #: 1
RE: Adjusting Production Sliders - 1/3/2010 1:47:25 PM   
montesaurus

Sorry Kriegsspieler,
I don't know of anyway to lock those bars in place! It would have been a nice feature. If I remember correct one had the capablitiy to do that in Europa Universalis.
Also, I'm not sure why it turns red when you right click on it, other than to make it easier to see!

montesaurus
French Player in Going Again II 1792

(in reply to Kriegsspieler)
Post #: 2
RE: Adjusting Production Sliders - 1/3/2010 1:47:33 PM   
siRkid

I have found that r-clicking does lock them until you run out of points in the other sliders then it takes them from where it can.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Post #: 3
RE: Adjusting Production Sliders - 1/3/2010 4:07:10 PM   
Kriegsspieler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kid

I have found that r-clicking does lock them until you run out of points in the other sliders then it takes them from where it can.

That rather runs against the meaning of saying that r-clicking "locks" those sliders, doesn't it?

And to Montasaurus: I recall that when the original Hearts of Iron came out there was a great deal of wailing and gnashing of teeth over how hard it was to balance the production sliders until they added in a rt-click lock on a slider you didn't want to have moved anymore. It's a simple change, apparently, and if our noble developers are tyoo preoccupied to do this for a possible future patch of this game, please let them put it on the "to do" list for their next release!

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 4
RE: Adjusting Production Sliders - 1/3/2010 7:19:31 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Kid has the right of it KS, Right clicking does lock the bar, BUT, you do have to be careful not to over use points else it will nick a bit from locked bars, fraid its a matter of experimenting till you get the hang of it, basic rule of thumb, treat them like women, ie gently :-)

All the Best
Peter

< Message edited by Kingmaker -- 1/3/2010 7:20:42 PM >

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Adjusting Production Sliders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI