Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Coming up for air

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Coming up for air Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Coming up for air - 6/13/2002 9:11:40 AM   
Raverdave

Well I have had this **** game for two weeks or so, and I am only now coming up of some air.....taking a break if you will. My wife feeds me under the door, my work has sent me my final pay cheque and the guys in white suits are coming up the pathway.

Man this game should be licenced by the Government as a drug of addiction.....it is worse than booze or smoke:D .

And what makes it worse is that it is making me hunger for WiTP even more!

I need to get out, and maybe see a self-help group....or maybe I should just put myself on the PBEM list:D

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Post #: 1
- 6/13/2002 9:17:58 AM   
Supervisor

It appears you may have missed the fine print on the back cover WARNING "May cause sleep deprivation":)

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 2
- 6/13/2002 10:11:51 PM   
chrisp

Geez, I thought this forum *was* the support group! You mean I'm not going to get help breaking the UV monkey here?

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 3
- 6/13/2002 11:21:48 PM   
corbulo

WHen I play this game i am always right on the edge of my seat, afraid/hopeful of what will happen next. It is a game that one could play all day. The first weekend I had it I played 3 days straight. Its amazing how it can hook you. dont know how anyone could make it for 1 1/2 years through the entire game.
When I am not playing, I plan strategy so as to be ready for the next session. Even this week I have averaged 4-5 hours of sleep per night, because I will wake up and play some more (i leave the computer running and the game loaded so as not to waste valuable time).

virtute omne regatur

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 4
- 6/13/2002 11:36:04 PM   
IChristie

Strangely enough, it is the turn based nature of the game that makes it so addictive. You know the:

"OK, last turn... might as well see how the execution phase goes"

"Where the heck did those CV's come from!... I was going to go to bed, but I'll just see what I have available for a counter strike... Well, I'm absolutely off to bed now, but I better just hit the execute button to see what happens..." :rolleyes:

etc.

If it was a "real time" game I think it would actually be easier to walk away! ;)

Iain Christie
-----------------
"If patience is a virtue then persistence is it's part.
It's better to light a candle than stand and curse the dark"

- James Keelaghan

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 5
- 6/14/2002 1:09:48 AM   
Sonny

So true!! I always save the game after I have completed all my orders but before I click the end orders phase button. This is so when I get back to the game I just go and the action reminds me of what I was doing/planning for the next turn. But then after I save it I think - let's just see how the combat turns out - I can do it over again when I start up next time. Well this cycle continues until I nod off until the search phases ar through and the noise of the combat wakes me up. Then I go to bed.:)

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 6
- 6/14/2002 8:22:57 AM   
Raverdave

What has really got me worried the most is if I am like this with UV what will I be like when WiTP comes out????:eek:

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 7
Don't worry - 6/14/2002 8:29:37 AM   
mogami

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]What has really got me worried the most is if I am like this with UV what will I be like when WiTP comes out????:eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi, Don't worry by then you will be single, and used to only 2 hours sleep per week. You will have grown used to living on a bag of chips and a Twinky. Witp will be a breeze for a UV vet.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 8
- 6/14/2002 9:14:17 PM   
Sonny

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]What has really got me worried the most is if I am like this with UV what will I be like when WiTP comes out????:eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

It'll be the same as now - the turns will just take longer. Once you get down to 0 hours sleep a night you can't go any further!!;)

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 9
You know it's bad when... - 6/14/2002 11:48:49 PM   
Toro

...you start thinking to yourself, "Hey, I could buy a laptop, put the game on that, then take the laptop to work..."

Where's that UV's Anonymous signup?

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Coming up for air Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI