Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Transferring ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Transferring ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transferring ships - 9/12/2009 9:03:55 AM   
Chris21wen

With the port unloading rules as they are, there's is a great need to create single ship TF from larger TF so that they can dock and unload. Creating the new TF is easy, transferring another ship to it when it has unloaded or has partially unloaded is also easy provided you undock it first. This is where the problem comes in. If you try and transfer the ship back to the original TF at the same time as you transfer a new ship in it goes into the port??? It's gets more complicated than that as if the ship your moving back has supplies on it will go to the base OK, but if it still has troops on it goes nowhere, as a ship with troop cannot be disbanned into a port.

There is no way of being selective with where ships are transferred back to unless you are selective by going back to the base are reselecting a different receiving TF.

Is there a way to add selectivity to the process.
Post #: 1
RE: Transferring ships - 9/12/2009 9:22:36 AM   
FOW

You have to select each TF in turn to add ships.

The method of changing the selected TF from the TF number in the last column of the ship selection screen (in WITP) has gone in AE.
I now have to :
1. undock small TF, add ship from large TF
2. select large TF, add empty/almost empty ship from small TF
3. select small TF, dock

It's a click fest, but you get used to it

< Message edited by FOW -- 9/12/2009 9:24:06 AM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: Transferring ships - 9/12/2009 11:48:18 AM   
Djordje

The question is, why would you bother with all this, especially if the ships are carrying cargo?

Even if the TF is larger than the port can handle game will treat some of them like being in port for unloading purpose up to port tonnage limit. So some of them will unload faster (as if they were in smaller TF docked), while the rest will unload at slower rate (undocked, using small craft to unload).

Only if you carry troops and want specific ones to unload first you should bother with this (naval support should be a priority as it speeds up port operations, just make sure they are in combat mode).

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 3
RE: Transferring ships - 9/12/2009 1:10:47 PM   
Sardaukar

Sometimes one wants to optimize, just to be able to get heck out of the base in time. In rear area it does not matter that much. 

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Djordje)
Post #: 4
RE: Transferring ships - 9/12/2009 1:13:26 PM   
John Lansford

Put the TF into amphibious mode; if it has only supplies you can do that.  I only create smaller TF's when unloading troops at a rear area port to speed up the process.  No need if it's just supplies.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: Transferring ships - 9/15/2009 8:43:31 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Djordje

Even if the TF is larger than the port can handle game will treat some of them like being in port for unloading purpose up to port tonnage limit. So some of them will unload faster (as if they were in smaller TF docked), while the rest will unload at slower rate (undocked, using small craft to unload).

Is this true? I've not seen any evidence of it happening but there again I've been spliting off ships and docking them so not giving them a chance.

(in reply to Djordje)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Transferring ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI