Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where can I find more details on the "stock" scenarios?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Mods and Scenarios >> Where can I find more details on the "stock" scenarios? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where can I find more details on the "stock" ... - 10/22/2009 5:14:55 PM   
Larry Reese

Just bought 1.10.10 recently and there is no description or other information I can find in the paper or e-manuals on the premises and differences in the various scenarios. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

LR
Post #: 1
RE: Where can I find more details on the "stock&qu... - 10/23/2009 4:02:54 AM   
Jonah

Hey, glad you bought the game, hope you'll enjoy it.

As for scenarios, I'm pretty sure there's five-

Small Campaign (tutorial)-This Campaign feature a small setup and small armies. It's main purpose is to help you get the hang of things on a not so massive level. I never did this one but some like to start with it. Your call.

Coming Fury-This begins in July, 1861. This Scenario begins with fewer armies then the standerd campaign, and you are not as well established. As the North, you have a lot of troops out East, realative to the South, but your full 'war machine' isn't quite going yet and you lack substantial forces in the east. As the south your troops are conentrated in Virginia, but your forces out west, while numerous, are scattered. You face the massive task of creating major armies, building forts, building a navy, organizng forces, getting weapon purchased for your new troops and more all with a measly economy. It's very hard, but if you like a challenge, then try it. Both armies are also poised to fight at Bull Run on the first turn as well.

Coming Fury( balanced economy)-this is identical to the last scenario, except that it helps the suth out a bit. It gives them a better ecenomical start, and while not as realistic, it's a bit easier. This was my second campaign I did, and while i did lose, it was easier than the other coming fury scenario.

Standerd Campaign-This is the general campaign that begins in November, 1861. By this time the north has around 140,000 troops in the Eastern theatre and is well off, and in the West has around 80-100,000. Your divisions are semi established and the war already has some frontlies, etc. While you will need more mork in the west, in the East, you are ready (well, almost) for battle. Your economy is fine and your navy massive. As the South you have around 70,000 troops in VA, a small but reliable navy, as well as two small armies out west along with scattered divisions. Much work is still needed, but you are well on your way.

Southern Steel-My favorite! This scenario is (I'm pretty sure, but I get this and the standerd campaign mixed up) the toughest for the south and one of the most realistic. Troops are all the same as the last one (it too begins in November) but the ecenomics are in favour of the north (as they were). This requires a risk taking player for the south like Lee and a player who can exploit the Northern advandtages like Grant. Forge of Freedom at it's finest.

But the great thing about all these scenarios, are the options. You can customize how much the economy in any of these is a factor, or how much politics and foriegn relations matter. This can be as simple-or as complex-as you want. I hope you will have a fun time!

Good luck, general!

(in reply to Larry Reese)
Post #: 2
RE: Where can I find more details on the "stock&qu... - 10/30/2009 2:19:11 AM   
SlickWilhelm

And don't forget to install the latest patch - 1.12.2

Make sure you have the FOF guide(e-book) handy. I've found reading the AAR's indispensable to grasping the scope and strategy of the game. Good luck and ask questions in the forum. There are still a few helpful souls like Jonah, Randomizer and Gil R to help out. I'll answer as much as I can. too.

Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42

(in reply to Jonah)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Mods and Scenarios >> Where can I find more details on the "stock" scenarios? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI