Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Something wrong with following TF?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Something wrong with following TF? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Something wrong with following TF? - 9/13/2009 6:12:30 PM   
invernomuto

Situation: I have 1 Amphibious TF followed by 1 surface combat TF.
An enemy surface TF (2 DDs), spotted during previous turn, is moving to counter my landing 2 hexes away.
It's the second time in 2 different game that the enemy TF catches the transports and makes my amphibious TF to retreat while my surface combat TF does not move.
The surface combat TF covering my transports seems to move AFTER the amphibious TF.
The amphibious TF moves in the hex occupied by enemy TF, immediately a naval battle begins, transports retreat while following TF does nothing.
IMHO the program should check for naval engagements only after amphibious AND following TFs moved.

Post #: 1
RE: Something wrong with following TF? - 9/13/2009 6:39:08 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: invernomuto

This is backwards. The combat TF should be leading. All your troubles are caused by this.

quote:

An enemy surface TF (2 DDs), spotted during previous turn, is moving to counter my landing 2 hexes away.
It's the second time in 2 different game that the enemy TF catches the transports and makes my amphibious TF to retreat while my surface combat TF does not move.
The surface combat TF covering my transports seems to move AFTER the amphibious TF.

Yup. If you tell A to follow B, A moves one hex after B move one hex (repeat)

quote:

The amphibious TF moves in the hex occupied by enemy TF, immediately a naval battle begins, transports retreat while following TF does nothing.

Yup. Again, wrong TF is leading.

quote:

IMHO the program should check for naval engagements only after amphibious AND following TFs moved.

Nope. Combat checks are made every time any TF enters a hex. There are issues with all moving one hex before combat check, too. Idea situation is a complete rewrite for mile by mile movement, TF proximity and position, and (incidentally) TF formation. But that is another story (and another game).

(in reply to invernomuto)
Post #: 2
RE: Something wrong with following TF? - 9/13/2009 6:51:03 PM   
invernomuto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: invernomuto

This is backwards. The combat TF should be leading. All your troubles are caused by this.

Makes sense. Thank you

As a side note, the amphibious TF leading and the SC TF following is a pre-planned move in scenario 1. All amphibious TFs that are planned to land in the Philippines during the first turns have a SC TF following them, so I think that something was wrong. Thanks again for the explanation.

Bye!

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Something wrong with following TF? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI