Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WWII Campaign question - what happened to the Western Front, 1940??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> WWII Campaign question - what happened to the Western Front, 1940?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WWII Campaign question - what happened to the Western F... - 11/8/2000 2:11:00 PM   
Patrick Toth

Long time player of SP here, although I just jumped onboard SP:WAW. I'm glad I did. I fired up a WWII Campaign the other day, and since I'm reading Churchill's excellent 'History of the Second World War', I decided to begin and play out the campaign as the British. As usual, I bought my units (almost 3k points to spend) then proceeded to fight a wild and spirited, mostly armored battle with the Germans (1940, Belgium, advance). All was well at the end. I reequipped and looked forward to more battles on the Western Front, circa 1940. Now here's the sad part...after one battle on the WF, just one, I was given the choice of either East Asia or N.Africa. Needless to say I was very disappointed...I truly expected more action in 1940 France and/or Belgium. I've got nothing against sending my Brits against the Italians or Japanese early in the war but I was hoping for more British vs. German action on the WF. Any thoughts or opinions, especially those who are familiar with the game and campaign battle generation?

Post #: 1
- 11/8/2000 7:01:00 PM   
Warhorse

Well Patrick, the only thing you can really do is modify the campaign. I posted a document on how to do this at either Fabio's, or Tankheads websites, and at the Matrixgames journal site. Other than that, you are completely at the AI's mercy;-) Have fun!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Patrick Toth)
Post #: 2
- 11/8/2000 11:00:00 PM   
mogami

Hi I am working on "France 1940" campaign. But most of my scenarios are for a French player. Scenarios start with the French advance in Cadenbronn Salient Sept 7,1939 and end with the players core being sent to North Africa in June 1940 where after they turn into Free French and follow war to 1945 The unit I am using for battles is 2nd Light Mech Div. There will be at lest 12 battles in France before player is sent out of France ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction! [This message has been edited by Mogami (edited November 08, 2000).]

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

Post #: 3
- 11/9/2000 5:43:00 AM   
Anzac Rambo

quote:

Originally posted by Patrick Toth: Long time player of SP here, although I just jumped onboard SP:WAW. I'm glad I did. I fired up a WWII Campaign the other day, and since I'm reading Churchill's excellent 'History of the Second World War', I decided to begin and play out the campaign as the British. As usual, I bought my units (almost 3k points to spend) then proceeded to fight a wild and spirited, mostly armored battle with the Germans (1940, Belgium, advance). All was well at the end. I reequipped and looked forward to more battles on the Western Front, circa 1940. Now here's the sad part...after one battle on the WF, just one, I was given the choice of either East Asia or N.Africa. Needless to say I was very disappointed...I truly expected more action in 1940 France and/or Belgium. I've got nothing against sending my Brits against the Italians or Japanese early in the war but I was hoping for more British vs. German action on the WF. Any thoughts or opinions, especially those who are familiar with the game and campaign battle generation?
I played as a German and after a couple of Polish scenarios I had several French BEF ones until I got distracted by UTR. I enjoyed the French campaign in European Air War. The French in 1940 had some good equipment.

Post #: 4
- 11/9/2000 6:12:00 AM   
rexmonday

I've never got more than one battle on the western front playing as the British before getting shipped down to north africa, in both SP1 and SPWAW. I think that is just the way the campaign is set up. Strangely enough, I always get my ass whipped in Belgium. History tends to repeat itself...

Post #: 5
- 11/10/2000 9:25:00 AM   
Patrick Toth

Thanks for your thoughts guys. "I am working on "France 1940" campaign." This I look forward to, so keep us updated on its progress and let us know when it arrives. [This message has been edited by Patrick Toth (edited November 09, 2000).]

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> WWII Campaign question - what happened to the Western Front, 1940?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI