Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GmClient freezes when attempting to log on

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> GmClient freezes when attempting to log on Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GmClient freezes when attempting to log on - 11/14/2000 5:04:00 AM   
Ed James

I have a problem when attempting to play SPWAW online. Whenever I try to run GmClient, I get a GmClient error msg.: "Run time error 430. Class does not support automation or does not support expected interface." The GmClient menu then freezes with diagonal lines through it. I have a PII 266 with 192Mb RAM and Diamond Fire Pro 1000 GL video card running Win98, first edition. I have a dialup connection and I am online when I launch GmClient. Any ideas what the problem is and how to solve it? Thanks for the assistance, Ed James

Post #: 1
- 11/14/2000 6:41:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Ed James: I have a problem when attempting to play SPWAW online. Whenever I try to run GmClient, I get a GmClient error msg.: "Run time error 430. Class does not support automation or does not support expected interface." The GmClient menu then freezes with diagonal lines through it. I have a PII 266 with 192Mb RAM and Diamond Fire Pro 1000 GL video card running Win98, first edition. I have a dialup connection and I am online when I launch GmClient. Any ideas what the problem is and how to solve it? Thanks for the assistance, Ed James
Hi Ed! Look at the post I did on this subject it might fix your problem. http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002840.html Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Ed James)
Post #: 2
- 11/16/2000 12:29:00 AM   
Ed James

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tankhead: [B] Hi Ed! Look at the post I did on this subject it might fix your problem. Thanks for the suggestion. I uninstalled CombatNet and GmClient and reinstalled letting the install program choose the paths. After rebooting, I got online and tried to launch GmClient again with the same Error 430 msg. I got before. Any other ideas? Thanks, Ed James

(in reply to Ed James)
Post #: 3
- 11/16/2000 5:06:00 AM   
Wild Bill

There is a version 1.0 and a version 1.1, Ed. The reason for the seond was due to the fact that the first one had some serious flaws. Do you know which version you have? WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Ed James)
Post #: 4
- 11/16/2000 5:32:00 AM   
Ed James

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wild Bill: [B]There is a version 1.0 and a version 1.1, Ed. The reason for the seond was due to the fact that the first one had some serious flaws. Do you know which version you have? I installed Combat Net version 1.2 from the SPWAW menu that came with SPWAW v4.4. Is there a newer version than that? Ed

(in reply to Ed James)
Post #: 5
- 11/16/2000 6:09:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Ed James: [QUOTE]Originally posted by Wild Bill: [B]There is a version 1.0 and a version 1.1, Ed. The reason for the seond was due to the fact that the first one had some serious flaws. Do you know which version you have? I installed Combat Net version 1.2 from the SPWAW menu that came with SPWAW v4.4. Is there a newer version than that? Ed
V1.2 is the latest, BTW don't let the installer decide the path for install. Choose the Matrix Game root folder other wise the installer install in program files folder and it don't work. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Ed James)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> GmClient freezes when attempting to log on Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI