Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So many games, so little time

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> So many games, so little time Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So many games, so little time - 6/1/2010 1:42:25 AM   
GaryChildress

Thank God I have a steady job! I was unemployed for almost the entire year 2008 after being laid off. Now the new job I have seems to demand longer hours as well as a commute of almost 1 hour each direction!

So I don't have a lot of time (almost none during the week) to play my beloved Matrix games or anything else for that matter. I wish I had the time to do another head to head game of CC:TLD or the grand campaign of WitP:AE. I still love CC:MT, John Tiller's CS, Commander Europe at War. I'd also like to get the chance to explore TOAW a bit more since I bought it a couple months ago. But I just don't have the time to play them. I eagerly await release of the remake of CC:ABTF but wonder if I should even bother buying it if I'm not going to have the time to play.

Of course in this economy I have to be thankful that I don't have time to play. Still I wish I had some free time anymore. It seems like the worse the economy is the harder those who have work need to work to keep our jobs.

Post #: 1
RE: So many games, so little time - 6/1/2010 1:58:26 AM   
jomni

You got that right.  Not to mention all the books I plan to read.
It's these issues that are stopping me from buying Battles of the Buldge. 
But I will buy it sooner or later. :D

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 2
RE: So many games, so little time - 6/1/2010 2:25:23 AM   
MajFrankBurns

I guess I have the luckiest job in the world I'm off 4 days a week (3 of them in a row) and get to play games at work all day on Sunday's 12 hours. Also 12 hours on holidays like today. I love my job.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 3
RE: So many games, so little time - 6/1/2010 9:06:20 AM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: MajFrankBurns

I guess I have the luckiest job in the world I'm off 4 days a week (3 of them in a row) and get to play games at work all day on Sunday's 12 hours. Also 12 hours on holidays like today. I love my job.

What job is that??

With the way the UK is going with the new Government I'm sure they will get my disabled arse into work...god knows what job I can do being in constant pain with difficulty standing\walking...

(in reply to MajFrankBurns)
Post #: 4
RE: So many games, so little time - 6/1/2010 10:03:50 AM   
Q.M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

I eagerly await release of the remake of CC:ABTF but wonder if I should even bother buying it if I'm not going to have the time to play.

You'll play it Gary, there's 25 hours in a day, save that last hour. There's always those sick days up your sleeve

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 5
Question - 6/1/2010 10:47:29 AM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

What job is that??

With the way the UK is going with the new Government I'm sure they will get my disabled arse into work...god knows what job I can do being in constant pain with difficulty standing\walking...

I do not know all the details of your situation and am not trying to make light of it. No offense is intended, but it is apparent that you are able to observe a computer screen and monitor various fora. I heard that the UK has the highest number of CCTV sites in the world. Are there no positions available in the surveillance field which only require attention to a bank of video monitors?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 6
RE: Question - 6/1/2010 5:43:12 PM   
SlickWilhelm

This has always been my problem, Gary. Not enough time to play all the great wargames out there. I end up getting behind. I finally got around to playing Forge of Freedom last year, and that was released in 2006!

I purchased GG:WBTS earlier this year, and I hope to start playing it in, oh...2012.

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 7
RE: Question - 6/1/2010 6:04:44 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

What job is that??

I do not know all the details of your situation and am not trying to make light of it. No offense is intended, but it is apparent that you are able to observe a computer screen and monitor various fora. I heard that the UK has the highest number of CCTV sites in the world. Are there no positions available in the surveillance field which only require attention to a bank of video monitors?

I suffer from Peripheral Bi Lateral Nueropathy. The nerves in my arms and legs are slowley dying.

CCTV are being cut back drastically from now on. Also its getting to the place of work. Another thing at times the pain makes it difficult to concentrate. Finally I've never seen a job that entails this advertised. I'm a single parent and the money a job like that would pay just wouldn't even cover rent food and bills.
I was retired from the civil service through ill health and that ws an office job sat in front of a screen.

< Message edited by wodin -- 6/1/2010 6:05:40 PM >

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> So many games, so little time Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI