Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

THE ARMOR SITE - Scenario Update!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> THE ARMOR SITE - Scenario Update! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
THE ARMOR SITE - Scenario Update! - 11/9/2000 6:06:00 PM   
Fabio Prado

Gentlemen, I have the pleasure to inform you that a new spectacular scenario by Tomo, "North of the Psel", about the role of 3rd SS PzDiv "Totenkopf" during the Kursk offensive, is now available at The ARMOR Site! http://fprado.com/armorsite/sp_waw.htm http://fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_scenarios.htm FAP ------------------ Fabio Prado [email]fprado@fprado.com[/email] Webmaster - The ARMOR Site!

Post #: 1
- 11/10/2000 2:22:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Go Fabio!...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Fabio Prado)
Post #: 2
- 11/10/2000 3:03:00 PM   
Tombstone

It's up finally. I spent a long time on that giant. I'm in the midst of finishing off 4 more scenarios that are a little on the 'too big' side. With several smaller scenarios to follow and an eventual campaign that brings them all together. Certain ideas I'm going to try and implement for the campaign are as follows: 1. Give a very small allotment of points for core units. This is to allow for scenarios that are gigantic (with liberal AUX units) all the way to tiny (with nothing but the shirt on your back). 2. In addition to a branching campaign get extra use from the scenarios that I make through making a few versions of some of them. One with standard force, one with reduced force, and one with additional force. That way, even if I don't have qualitatively different scenarios to move on to, there can still be a difference depending on the victory level. 3. Utilizing 'interface' scenarios that allow the player to choose his next move. For example, imagine a small map, with 6 victory hexes worth 10, 15, 25, 25, 15, 10. The first one is already yours, and you pick how many more objective hexes you take. These indicating major defeat, minor defeat, draw, minor victory, and major victory. You have the option to choose your victory level and with that choice choose what course of action you intend to take in the campaign. It can even be guaged so that the easy pick results in the major defeat and therefore a penalty to campaign score. Question- If you had the choice would you rather have major victories make your path in the campaign harder or easier? Tomo

(in reply to Fabio Prado)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> THE ARMOR SITE - Scenario Update! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI