Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ETO - PBEM USA Team 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Opponents Wanted >> ETO - PBEM USA Team 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ETO - PBEM USA Team 2 - 11/11/2009 5:50:58 PM   
Harbinger

I thought a new thread would be in order to get the players rounded up and set to go.

Currently this is the situation:
ETO Standard Scenario. The discussion about the Corps Upgrades is open.

cpdeyoung-> Germany
Edelweis-> UK
Gwgardner-> France/USA
17russia-> USSR
Harbinger-> Italy/Axis minors "Nay on the corps upgrade HR."

Please reply if this lineup is unsatisfactory.

It is my understanding that the German player (Chuck) must set the game parameters and conduct the opening move, thus beginning the PBEM campaign.

House Rules:

1. Only Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Iran and Iraq may ever be subjected for a coup d'etat attempt. This, on the other hand may happen as many times as possible up to the actual time when the country concerned joins an alliance. The results of these machinations are not necessarily to be seen as government overthrows, but rapid fluctuations in government sentiment.

2. Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Spain may never be subjeted to diplomatic activity. They may only be delared war upon.

3. Once USA joins the war, all diplomatic activity must cease, the only exception being declarations of war and activities concerning the countries given in case 1., that may be subjected to diplomacy up to the end of the game.

4. Each first week of January, April, July and October, the Game Master opens all major countries PP-pools via F11. If the amount of PP’s is less than 300, he does nothing. If the amount is higher than 300, the Game Master should reduce that excess with 50 %. This is to prevent players from unreasonable savings.

5. No more than 10 % of a majors current PP-production may be sent as subsidies to any other country. There’s no such limitation for minors that send PPs.

6. All production of ground units must be with a divisional, level-1 unit at first. This may later be upgraded to higher levels and corps. All air units must be produced at the lowest level also. This is to simulate actual time in production.

7. All newly built units must be placed withing the country’s original home territory. The only exception is British infantry or motorized reinforcements. These may be placed in Kuwait and symbolize Commenwealth reinforcments.

8. Germany is restricted to deploying Air units only to North Africa.

9. All non naval units received as an event result must immediately be disbanded. No exceptions.

10. SMP cap = Germany 20, Russia 16, UK 10, France 7, Italy 8, USA 12.

11. Minor nations may not build paratroop units.

Please reply with suggestions and/or amendments.

< Message edited by Harbinger -- 11/12/2009 12:35:04 PM >

Assume nothing.
Post #: 1
RE: ETO - PBEM USA Team 2 - 11/11/2009 10:54:46 PM   
Uxbridge

We have some additional house rules:

8. All non-naval units given to the player as an effect of events, must upon placement be immediately disbanded. There’s no exception! The player is of course free to use the 50 % thus regained in PP for any spending of his desire.

9. There’s an upper limit to the level of SMP a major nation may have. This is as follows: Germany = 20; USSR = 16; UK = 10; France = 7; Italy = 8; USA = 12 (note change 39. above).

10. In order to create a corps, the player must disband either a logistics unit (a level-1 motorized division) or a depot (a level-1 motorized corps) which have the following criteria: (1) I must be located no more than two hexes (one intervening) from the unit to be upgraded, and (2) it must have had the ability to move before disbandment, even if it didn’t do this in order to fulfil criteria 1.

11. Commanders have been replaced with HQs. These work in a similar fashion to commanders, but have a better range and also have a more prominent influence on the units surrounding them. Logistics units (LUs) and depots are the only units that may have HQs attached. LUs and depots may not be involved in combat apart from defending (see 40 and 41 above). HQs have a year shown after their names. If it says ”39” or if there’s no record, it means that the HQ is available to use from the beginning to the end of the scenario. If it has a later date, like ”41” after their names, it means that the HQ is available with the beginning of that year. Some HQs, finally, have a period, like ”41-44”, which means that the HQ can be used from the first year in the designation up to the last, when it must be removed. Thus the HQ in the example can be used from the beginning of 1941 up to the end of 1944.

12. Minor nations may not build paratroopers.

Rule 10 and 11 is only if you will play the ETO_PBEM game. The normal scenario don't have these units. See all house rules and latest changes in the first post of this thread: ETO

All of you who like to follow our progress in the game and our discussions, give me your e-mail adresses and first names via personal messages and I will give you access.

< Message edited by Uxbridge -- 11/11/2009 10:57:51 PM >

(in reply to Harbinger)
Post #: 2
RE: ETO - PBEM USA Team 2 - 11/12/2009 1:44:26 AM   
cpdeyoung

Ok, the Germans have attacked Poland, again, and the turn is on the way to Great Britain.

As the German I will post all Events in this thread each turn. Please send me all the Event questions you can pre-answer ASAP. This will make the game go much faster. I do not want to use the "Event Country" if we don't have to.

We are using 1.3b ETO, not 1.3b ETO_PBEM. I never heard from the "Allies" about their choice, but I could do a new first turn if we have a disagreement and all three of you want the ETO_PBEM.

Except for the two house rules which are ETO_PBEM only I expect all house rules to be honored. Notice especially the prohibition on building any units above the base "L1 divisional" level, or appropriate air units. Be careful about the 300 PP savings limit. The dissolution of event added units will be tough, but I will try and remind you at event time. The British player should remember that he frequently has a choice of units or WE enhancements, and might want to avoid choosing units for this reason.

Uxbridge wanted the Malta Event to be a non-event (pun intended) so I recommend if it occurs the Italian simply give himself enough PP to replace the STPs "sunk". These PP cannot be used for any other purpose. If there is objection to this we can vote on it, but that is a miserable "event", and as Uxbridge says if the allies what to hit convoys they can do it the old fashioned way, by attcking them.

Good luck to all! I want us all to have a fun exploration of the scenario. If you need to bow out please get a replacement. If you are away from the game for an extended period please select a player to fill in for you.

Chuck (Germany)

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 3
RE: ETO - PBEM USA Team 2 - 11/21/2009 3:27:20 PM   
Harbinger

We are experiencing a slight delay in progress due to the France/USA player withdrawing. Also, the USSR player seems to be inconsistent for reasons yet unknown.

So, the decision has been made to move on with 4 players until a volunteer steps forward.

24 October 1939
...Poland has fallen, the Netherlands are under attack and the rest of the Low Countries are feeling pressure from the proximity of the Wehrmacht...
...France prepares for war and releases the Maginot garrison for active duty...

Germany (Chuck, cpdeyoung)
UK, Fra, USA (Etienne, Edelweiss75)
USSR (Ted, 17Russia)
Italy (Larry, Harbinger)

Our goal is to complete 1 game month per week (Mon-Fri) and possibly another game month on the weekends (Sat-Sun). This will not always be possible (the holidays approach), so please post/email any delays.
(I don't mind waiting on a turn as long as I know why I'm waiting)

Activation of a minor country into an alliance and then assigned to a human player will alter the turn sequence somewhat. Be prepared for this possible eventuality.

Communication amongst players regarding turn status is critical.

Assume nothing.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 4
RE: ETO - PBEM USA Team 2 - 11/21/2009 5:45:57 PM   
edelweiss75

Just go file from Gary, could not load it.Ted sent this file to him, who plays after Ted?

(in reply to Harbinger)
Post #: 5
RE: ETO - PBEM USA Team 2 - 11/21/2009 6:11:34 PM   
Harbinger

I believe it goes to Italy (Larry) after USSR (Ted).

Assume nothing.

(in reply to edelweiss75)
Post #: 6
RE: ETO - PBEM USA Team 2 - 11/21/2009 6:14:53 PM   
edelweiss75

Ok will send file to Italy.

(in reply to Harbinger)
Post #: 7
RE: ETO - PBEM USA Team 2 - 11/21/2009 6:30:36 PM   
Harbinger

I rec'd the file however, it states i've already completed my turn.....

Actually...i think that Ted sent you the file as the new owner of the USA. If the USA has not been changed from Gary to you, then naturally you will not be able to play the turn.

I propose beginning the turn again (i will send the last file i have to Chuck) with emphasis on changing the USA human player designation. This should fix the problem.

Assume nothing.

(in reply to edelweiss75)
Post #: 8
RE: ETO - PBEM USA Team 2 - 11/24/2009 5:00:54 AM   
17russia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harbinger

I believe it goes to Italy (Larry) after USSR (Ted).

The game keeps telling me to send it to USA player after my turn. Should I send it to Italy instead? If so please provide Italy player email address.

I take it that the house rules from the top are the ones we are playing with? Or are we useing the ones from cpdeyoung as well?

Ted

“I got a great deal on some French WW2 army surplus guns. Never used and only dropped once...”

(in reply to Harbinger)
Post #: 9
RE: ETO - PBEM USA Team 2 - 11/25/2009 1:55:44 PM   
Uxbridge

I have sent you several mails, 17Russia. Aren't those getting through to you?

(in reply to 17russia)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Opponents Wanted >> ETO - PBEM USA Team 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI