Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

pilot train error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> pilot train error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
pilot train error - 11/28/2009 9:16:48 AM   
Marty A

Squadron naval attack primary airfield second. no ships near bomb airfield for days. naval bomb skill rises. no training set 100% attack.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: pilot train error - 11/28/2009 9:24:52 AM   
Marty A

This unit have 48 pilots and 22 airplanes. 100% train. 29 pilots get green skill [not all pilot show]. matrix need new testers.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marty A -- 11/28/2009 9:26:18 AM >

(in reply to Marty A)
Post #: 2
RE: pilot train error - 11/28/2009 9:28:42 AM   
KenchiSulla

Marty, relax.

I think training can occur in the AM and PM. Meaning you can have 22*2=44 flights in one day. 29/44 is not bad considering your pilots are of low experience.

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to Marty A)
Post #: 3
RE: pilot train error - 11/28/2009 9:41:31 AM   
Sardaukar

Also, it seems that in low levels, skill will increase also a bit without flying. This was similar in WitP and depicted "classroom training". 

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 4
RE: pilot train error - 11/28/2009 10:08:39 AM   
Marty A

us pilot skill is 60 after school train no? us train is 13 months no? train should be 4,5 skill or about per month or about 1 per week no? is math correct? 29 of 48 in 1 day a bit above average no? this not count the few that got 2 green skill in that day [1 pilot get 3 green skill today]. combat train maybe faster but that unit in tokyo on train mission. terminus and treespider should talk less on board and test more i think. let jw and erik talk on board.

< Message edited by Marty A -- 11/28/2009 10:10:50 AM >

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: pilot train error - 11/28/2009 10:24:16 AM   
KenchiSulla

Japanese pilot skill is 35 after 13 months of training (while spending a lot of HI on them). Then they are assigned to an operational training unit and trained up to 50-60 in a couple of months.

I don't see the problem, especially as you have to make some choices in assigning instructors from operational units and assigning actual squadrons and plane resources to training duties.

I like it, and I am not even a japanese fanboy (yet)

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”

(in reply to Marty A)
Post #: 6
RE: pilot train error - 11/28/2009 11:10:53 AM   
Sharkosaurus rex

The Allied just out of training school:

USN 40
USA 30
Mari 35
Brit 35
Aust 35
NZ 35
China 25
Cana 35
Indian 35
Dutch 35
Soviet 30

Is Sharkosaurus rex the biggest fish in the sea?
Why don't you come in for a swim?

Post #: 7
RE: pilot train error - 11/28/2009 11:14:51 AM   
castor troy

what I do find extremely strange though is (if I understood him correctly) that his Sallies only conducted airfield strikes but what increased was the naval bombing experience. If this is true then there must be a bug as the exp from the primary mission increases even though only the secondary mission is flown. Not good...

< Message edited by castor troy -- 11/28/2009 11:16:25 AM >

(in reply to Sharkosaurus rex)
Post #: 8
RE: pilot train error - 11/28/2009 11:21:34 AM   
KenchiSulla

Yep, that could be an issue. Its not clear to me what triggered the update in experience though. Was it the actual attack? Was it the recruits moving closer to the leaders experience? And if they did move closer to the leader, do they only upgrade the "skill" the primary mission is set to?

Dev's can fix this if its not WAD though .

AKA Cannonfodder

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 9
RE: pilot train error - 11/28/2009 8:17:09 PM   
michaelm75au

The group in the first screen didn't fly any missions - based on the fatigue I can see.
Thus the 'classroom/leader exp/other pilot exp' training is in effect which will improve the primary mission skill.

Even if some of the group did fly a AF mission, the pilots with increases did not fly any mission, and thus would be affected by the above line.
The low skill values will mean that these skills are easier to increase.

Michael

Post #: 10
RE: pilot train error - 11/28/2009 8:24:50 PM   
KenchiSulla

Well spot Michael, thanks

AKA Cannonfodder

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 11
RE: pilot train error - 12/7/2009 12:44:59 PM   
Marty A

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

The group in the first screen didn't fly any missions - based on the fatigue I can see.
Thus the 'classroom/leader exp/other pilot exp' training is in effect which will improve the primary mission skill.

Even if some of the group did fly a AF mission, the pilots with increases did not fly any mission, and thus would be affected by the above line.
The low skill values will mean that these skills are easier to increase.

Drag up from past. 3 pilots here fly bomb and train naval. maybe more not train bomb but train naval and fly bomb.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marty A -- 12/7/2009 12:49:38 PM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 12
RE: pilot train error - 12/7/2009 12:48:10 PM   
Marty A

2 post

(in reply to Marty A)
Post #: 13
RE: pilot train error - 12/12/2009 4:17:13 PM   
Marty A

This squadron 100% ground attack pilot fatigue say he fly bomb yet train in torpedo attack. they bomb every day but skill hardly move.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marty A -- 12/12/2009 4:21:01 PM >

(in reply to Marty A)
Post #: 14
RE: pilot train error - 12/12/2009 6:53:47 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marty A

This squadron 100% ground attack pilot fatigue say he fly bomb yet train in torpedo attack. they bomb every day but skill hardly move.

You fail to point out the other 2 pilots who have increased ground attack skill. thats a 2-1 (in a v small sample) of ground training over torpedo training. Given the plane type i can imagine its primary role is as a torpedo bomber. So one guy got a point in torpedo attack ? so what ? maybe he read a book ?

If a/c groups train up thier primary role while doing secondary missions than thats fine by me and actully rather damn useful.

The extent of training in that primary role over combat training on secondary missions
has yet to be shown to be imbalacing or even a problem. a short snapshot of any event that runs counter to what you 'think' should happen proves nothing. Only a large test group over an extended period will show whats really happening. Too many jumping to conclusions in recent posts.

And
quote:

matrix need new testers
is nether helpful as you have yet to prove anything of the sort. Maybe its WAD ? maybe its a slight error ? its hardly a game killer either way.

Please Stop these knee jerk complaints. Ask civil questions and you may get a civil response.

If this sounds confrontational, it is. I am not trying to start an argument but i have seen one too many "its broken" whines and if it annoys me as a player it's going to drive away Devs and Testers from anwering REAL questions. Or to put it a better way " Ask Questions that are not auto-confrontational in thier style and you may well get get a reasoned response ".

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to Marty A)
Post #: 15
RE: pilot train error - 12/12/2009 11:00:45 PM   
Marty A

I fly train and 1 of 3 pilots get skill [look above posts]. i fly 'real mission' and 2 pilots get skill all month. i not fail to point that out. that is my point. real mission should increase skill faster than train skill. if wad why no matrix say this? no not kill game. just 1 more straw for camel however. and do not understand 'knee jerk'. i ask no question. i point out game error.

< Message edited by Marty A -- 12/12/2009 11:03:06 PM >

(in reply to Rob Brennan UK)
Post #: 16
RE: pilot train error - 12/12/2009 11:43:25 PM   
Lrfss

Since confusion still exists in "Pilot Training" and I doubt I'm the only one...

It would be nice if someone in the know, could just simply post the whole story about "Pilot Training" so as to rid us of the "Evil" unknown mystery surrounding this issue. I don't think it's like classified info is it? I've read everywhere I can and still do not feel 100% sure in this area as I don't think it's all been disclosed.

Seems to me the probability aspect and what one should or could do to increase his Pilot's skills should be laid out clearly for those willing to read. It would be nice to know the % chance's for an increase to occur doing such & such activity, etc.

I know all the basic's by reading the documentation, I have learned more here on the forums though about this issue! It should be the other way around for those willing to read I would think?

So, please either point us in the right direction or enlighten us with a complete or atleast short accurate story on the whole "Pilot Training" issue... This could be considerd "Advanced Training" in my case as I've already read the manual and updates, I need the Flight School now I guess...lol

In the mean time I'm gonna read the "Manual" again just in case I guess...

Thanks,

Lrfss

(in reply to Marty A)
Post #: 17
RE: pilot train error - 12/13/2009 12:43:00 AM   
Rob Brennan UK

Marty , my apologies. I realise now its your english not your attitude. --ME

Skills only get better upto a certain point i believe, sfter that its v v hard to get them going except in combat (which you are doing) and i hadnt realised you'd been flying them for a month. I'm in a PBEM scenarion and so not really trying training missions at all tbh. So i am not an expert at all in the matter.

It just 'seems' that the pilots will train/get exp for thier Aeroplanes primary role. IE TB in your example as well as whatever mission they are currently flying. Its just the Mabel group you had in the screen shot had 2 pilots increase on ground attack (in orange) and only one green (same day) increase. so it really wasn't the best example to use imo.

Your original Sally screen shot is a better example and not so easily explained away as a 'fluke' but the pilots were/are terrible and will increase fast at this skill level and i suppose its odd they didnt get any ground attack skills. However the screen does seem to cover only a few days in that mode not weeks.

If i had the time i'd run a test game and check (i dont currently have that option) but we do need a bigger sample and longer test time to truly evaluate whats happening. As Lrfss writes , we could maybe do with a quick visit from the Elf on this.

Fingers crossed.

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to Lrfss)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> pilot train error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI