Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek Island?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek Island? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek Island? - 1/16/2010 8:09:58 AM   
Ron Saueracker

Why the heck not? Mojitos and Margaritas for all AFBs...some chewy octopus for any JFBs out there.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek ... - 1/16/2010 8:59:40 AM   
Sardaukar

Sure! 

Unfortunately probably not very soon, though...since we just bought our own house here and are moving in in April.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek ... - 1/16/2010 10:13:38 AM   
aprezto

Actually, I am goinh to the UK in May-June. A long (ish) way to the greek islands, but then the wife used to be a rower...

Image courtesy of Divepac

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek ... - 1/16/2010 10:18:39 AM   
LoBaron

Cocktails and octopus? Nice. Im an AJFB so can take both....
Been in Greece last year, nothing against returning, its one of my favourite countries to relax.

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 4
RE: Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek ... - 1/16/2010 11:09:43 AM   
comte

I wish I'll have to settle with hanging out here in Attleboro

But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.

-Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 5
RE: Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek ... - 1/16/2010 12:02:12 PM   
LoBaron

Btw been to Zakyntos island two years ago. One of the most beautiful spots on earth.
Banana Beach, the shipwreck cliff, the small mountain settlement where I had the best tsatsiki of my life,...

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 6
RE: Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek ... - 1/16/2010 1:29:30 PM   
BrucePowers

I thought you were in Ottawa at the moment.

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 7
RE: Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek ... - 1/16/2010 1:32:04 PM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Sure! 

Unfortunately probably not very soon, though...since we just bought our own house here and are moving in in April.

Maybe next year! Can't be much from Malta to Zakynthos...probably costs more to travel between Montreal and Toronto. Put a couple flower pots on hold and come on over.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 8
RE: Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek ... - 1/16/2010 1:33:48 PM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Btw been to Zakyntos island two years ago. One of the most beautiful spots on earth.
Banana Beach, the shipwreck cliff, the small mountain settlement where I had the best tsatsiki of my life,...

Sounds like you know what I'm talking about!! Might have to plan something for next year.

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 9
RE: Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek ... - 1/16/2010 1:34:45 PM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

I thought you were in Ottawa at the moment.

Yep...just in Greece from April thru October.

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 10
RE: Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek ... - 1/16/2010 1:46:19 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Maybe next year! Can't be much from Malta to Zakynthos...probably costs more to travel between Montreal and Toronto. Put a couple flower pots on hold and come on over.

You'd be surprised what the leeches in Air Malta try to charge!

Funny story about "flower pots" from 10 yrs back here, my wife is pharmacist and one of her female friends is police DI in Drug Squad. Said DI was walking in village during her day off and saw old lady hauling big flower pots to front of the house. She went to help her and immediately noticed the nature of the plants. She asked if the plants were her, and old lady answered "No, these are my son's! It seemed to be such pity to keep such beautiful plants in backyard, so I decided to bring them out where they could get some sunlight!".

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Post #: 11
RE: Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek ... - 1/16/2010 1:53:39 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Great story! Does ma visit son in the pokey?

< Message edited by Ron Saueracker -- 1/16/2010 1:54:09 PM >

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 12
RE: Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek ... - 1/16/2010 2:04:03 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Great story! Does ma visit son in the pokey?

No idea, I think son got 2 yrs mandatory for that! They are really strict here about drug convictions.

I think last one I read from newspaper got 20 yrs, but that was big smuggling case. Unfortunately drug arrests are daily stuff here, even in 400 000 people island.

< Message edited by Sardaukar -- 1/16/2010 2:06:25 PM >

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Anyone interested in a cocktail session on a Greek Island? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI