Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing troops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Missing troops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing troops - 11/15/2000 6:17:00 AM   
Warrior

OK, what happens to the guys that won't all fit on some vehicle? Say I have a track that holds 8 men, and I try to load a 10-man squad. If I choose "won't all fit, yes, load anyway", the 2 extra men disappear. I don't mind not loading everybody sometimes, but it would be nice if the leftovers were still around.

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 1
- 11/15/2000 1:13:00 PM   
Pack Rat

They turn into Sasquach and roam the hills forever. They are gone for that battle. If they are part of your core force I'm not sure if they automatically get added back in or if you have to pay to get them back, after the battle. ------------------ "Sex, it's natures way of loving you" Pack Rat [This message has been edited by Pack Rat (edited November 15, 2000).]

PR

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 2
- 11/15/2000 8:03:00 PM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by Pack Rat: They turn into Sasquach and roam the hills forever. They are gone for that battle. If they are part of your core force I'm not sure if they automatically get added back in or if you have to pay to get them back, after the battle.
One more little thing that doesn't make sense in the game. There's no way they should just be gone. But, I adapt and overcome.

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 3
- 11/15/2000 8:24:00 PM   
Kluckenbill

They go to the batallion rear with the First Sergeant for ammo detail, CP guard etc. Being a REMF you should understand these things. ------------------ Target, Cease Fire !

Target, Cease Fire !

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 4
- 11/15/2000 9:19:00 PM   
Warrior

I was a smart REMF and avoided anything that resembled actual work. Besides, with a bunch of remf's around, it would seem a waste to put combat guys out of the action. [This message has been edited by REMF (edited November 15, 2000).]

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 5
- 11/15/2000 10:38:00 PM   
Pack Rat

quote:

Originally posted by REMF: I was a smart REMF and avoided anything that resembled actual work. [This message has been edited by REMF (edited November 15, 2000).]
REMF? Not sure what this stands for and would like to know. A friend of mine who did 2 tours brown water navy in Nam told me this little trick "Walk fast and carry a tool. No one will bother you". Unfortunatly I was already out of my tour. ------------------ "Sex, it's natures way of loving you" Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 6
- 11/15/2000 10:52:00 PM   
skukko

I've used this method in campaigns and they will not automatically be fixed. But at the end of the battle they have too many losses, so 'fix all' is what to do. I'm plaing on axis and they don't have such a troop as I like to have onboard tanks.

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 7
- 11/15/2000 11:27:00 PM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by skukko: I've used this method in campaigns and they will not automatically be fixed. But at the end of the battle they have too many losses, so 'fix all' is what to do. I'm plaing on axis and they don't have such a troop as I like to have onboard tanks.
I know about the Fix All, but what I'm saying is: If I load a 10-man squad on a tank that will only carry 8 men, what becomes of the other 2 men? You'd thing they would show as a "2" when I move the tank, but they disappear.

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 8
- 11/16/2000 11:15:00 PM   
BA Evans

Those two men count as casualties. They are trained and equipped to fight in a 10-man squad. Since they are not with that squad any more they have become combat ineffective. BA Evans

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 9
- 11/16/2000 11:28:00 PM   
mogami

Those 2 guys are me and a pal of mine. Every time the sarge says get on the tank, we think he said go get tanked and we lite out for the beer truck. Carrying a tool and walking fast works. Also a rag and a wire brush fool the brass into thinking you are doing something. Carry a bucket when you walk to the PX and whenever you see an officer act like you are picking up butts. Then you put the beer with some ice in the bucket and mozy to a quiet spot. I really miss you guys when you go roaring off on that tank and someday maybe I'll find the unit again. HA HA HA ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Missing troops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI