Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best practice: IJN AVs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Best practice: IJN AVs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best practice: IJN AVs - 2/8/2010 3:11:17 PM   
vonSchnitter

Well,
compared to WitP the IJN is pretty much starved on naval search assets - scen 1 that is.

A good number of IJN AVs have "organic" airgroups - small as they are. However most AV AGs can be expanded to size 9 AGs with mid range Alfs or Jakes.

Here goes:
Disperse the AV in port.
a) If there is only one AG per AV try the "rezize to fit" option - some can carry larger AGs some not.
a1) if rezising does not occure - see b
b) If there is more than one AG per AV - send one AG to the nearest AB - resize the one left aboard. Should work in size 4 ports at least.
Cancel rezising of your AG once it occured - if need be, move to AF capable of upgrading - move the other AG to AV and repeat.
c) Floaters being initially port based can be moved to AVs and expanded the same way - may need PPs, depending.
d) Since AMCs are pretty much "nerved" beyond any pratical use - have a close look at their AGs and go for b.

Should make a good number of mid-range "searchers" available. Since any prove for the efficiency of long range search planes (Nell, Betty, Mavis etc) is still outstanding - and their lack of effciency in WitP is well known - these AGs should be considered as a prime asset

Cheers
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Best practice: IJN AVs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI