Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug - Save Attached - Still running out of DC on patrols

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Bug - Save Attached - Still running out of DC on patrols Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug - Save Attached - Still running out of DC on patrols - 2/7/2010 4:43:33 AM   
jackyo123

the bug that was supposeduly fixed in hotfix 2, that would send ASW patrols that ran out of Depth Charge Ammo - still occurring.

Single Sub Chaser TF - SC CH-18, south of rabaul - has zero DC's left, but is not returning to base. Still patrolling around.

Save attached, renamed from .zip to .pws

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Bug - Save Attached - Still running out of DC on pa... - 2/7/2010 1:43:49 PM   
castor troy

can this be the same issue with subs that run out of fuel because they don´t retire to their homeport?

(in reply to jackyo123)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug - Save Attached - Still running out of DC on pa... - 2/8/2010 5:16:58 PM   
jackyo123

related I think.

One of the devs told me that some cases existed that when the AI did's its 'do i have enough fuel left or do i have to return' calculation, if the answer fell directly on the 'you have precisely enough to get back, but not one ounce extra' results, then it wouldnt kick in and then, when it did its check again next turn, you wouldnt have enough to get home.

So its the same 'check the patrol' part of the programming routines, but i dont know if the actual if/then statement is a compound statement that checks for a variety of conditions.

Ideally, it should work like this - note though, that if the the 'forecast' position is not what actually occurs, even with my safety margin, the TF can run short of fuel.

IF Task Force #Z has < or = x # of ammo pertinent to that mission type *OR* Task Force #Z has < or = enough fuel to return to base from it's forecast position at the end of next turn + a safety margin of 5% of total fuel, then send it back to base.

(x can be whatever value the devs deem appropriate - for instance, could be 3 depth charges, or 4 torpedoes, or whatever ammo is pertinent to the mission the task force is running)

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Bug - Save Attached - Still running out of DC on patrols Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI