Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

some buttons not working ? matrix vs. talonsoft

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> some buttons not working ? matrix vs. talonsoft Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
some buttons not working ? matrix vs. talonsoft - 2/14/2010 8:24:31 PM   
Treefrog

I just purchased the Matrix game, version 2.0. I can't access some of the Matrix game info on the map popdowns, including scenario notes. I have my old Talonsoft 90's rulebooks, are the old Talonsoft rules the same as the new Matrix version?

I don't have the "notes.hlp" file under "scenario notes" of the "help" button. Popup advice says I should reload, but I just did load the whole game just yesterday, so why would it be missing. The "F2" key doesn't bring it up either.

This also means I can't access any of the tables such as "change costs", "fire results table", "melee results table" or "weapons effectiveness" in "parameter data"; is there another source for this information?

In the "units" button, at least some of those controls have no effect, including "remove unit", "unit to top/bottom of stack"

I can't undo movement with "cntl + U" but can through the "units" pop down. Is that normal?

Leaders: if an "icon" appears behind the leaders commanding rating it means he is detached. What icon?

The spacebar pop down box comes on but doesn't permit me to select a unit; is this normal?

Where is the Matrix table for "command radius" distances for various leaders (rule 10 at page 69)? Talonsoft said bde is AA=2, French =3, Pr =4 and div 4,6,and 8 respectively. Army, Wing and Corps commander unlimited (all in Waterloo); same in Matrix?

"L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace."
Post #: 1
RE: some buttons not working ? matrix vs. talonsoft - 2/14/2010 9:20:45 PM   
rhondabrwn

Are you running Windows 7?

I just upgraded my "game machine" and although I have not yet installed the Matrix version of Talonsoft, I do have all my HPS Campaign series games installed on the new build. I just checked Campaign Gettysburg and the Help files do not display.

I remember scanning over something on the Windows 7 support site where it was mentioned that old Help file formats won't work with Windows 7. Not sure if there is a workaround, check the Microsoft support site.

Personally, I rarely consult help files so I hadn't noticed this when I was running with the Windows RC version on my other box to test compatibility.

If you are running XP, I have no idea why the help files wouldn't be displaying, but isn't there a PDF of the manual that you can consult instead?

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 2
RE: some buttons not working ? matrix vs. talonsoft - 2/14/2010 10:18:13 PM   
Treefrog

rhondabrwn,
Thanx for the response.
I'm running Windows XT. The PDF does not contain the charts and tables.

"L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace."

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> some buttons not working ? matrix vs. talonsoft Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI