Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

computer battle advantage?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> computer battle advantage? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
computer battle advantage? - 2/15/2010 6:24:47 PM   
steverodgers801

I have tried both sides and it seems that the computer gets an extra attack bonus. I had 2 heavy ca and 5 dd receive damage from 2 allied dd with no damage to them at the beginning of the campaign. Historicaly the Japanese were much better in gunnery at thestart. It seems to happen no matter which side. any one else notice this?
Post #: 1
RE: computer battle advantage? - 2/15/2010 6:31:37 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: steverodgers80

I have tried both sides and it seems that the computer gets an extra attack bonus. I had 2 heavy ca and 5 dd receive damage from 2 allied dd with no damage to them at the beginning of the campaign. Historicaly the Japanese were much better in gunnery at thestart. It seems to happen no matter which side. any one else notice this?

Yes.

If I were you, I'd write a letter.

(Joke. JOKE!)

The Moose

(in reply to steverodgers801)
Post #: 2
RE: computer battle advantage? - 2/15/2010 9:04:26 PM   
topeverest

Depending on the AI setting, it will get both logistical and combat resolution advantages.

Keep in mind that if your naval forces are surprised, a much smaller force can deal your units a deadly blow. Throw out all your expectations if you surprise or are surprised. Results are likely to be decisive in those cases. When surprise is not a factor, then all the elements of combat like range, commander, experience, weapons, etc. will play out relatively straightforwardly.

Andy M

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 3
RE: computer battle advantage? - 2/16/2010 4:07:56 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: topeverest

Depending on the AI setting, it will get both logistical and combat resolution advantages.

Keep in mind that if your naval forces are surprised, a much smaller force can deal your units a deadly blow. Throw out all your expectations if you surprise or are surprised. Results are likely to be decisive in those cases. When surprise is not a factor, then all the elements of combat like range, commander, experience, weapons, etc. will play out relatively straightforwardly.

Except for the large number of random numbers involved.

The Moose

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> computer battle advantage? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI