Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TOE upgrade - Dev help please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> TOE upgrade - Dev help please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TOE upgrade - Dev help please - 2/7/2010 4:05:54 PM   
Bradley7735

Hi,

When an LCU upgrades, what happens when there are devices that reduce in number?

For example, lets say a base force has 4 CD guns. Then a year later, it upgrades and the TOE adds in some AA guns and reduces the CD guns to 2.

Does the LCU keep the 4 CD guns? Or does the LCU return the extra guns to the pool?

Thanks!!

The older I get, the better I was.
Post #: 1
RE: TOE upgrade - Dev help please - 2/7/2010 6:45:36 PM   
Chris21wen

I created and posted a list of TOE upgrade dates and in the process did some checking on devices. These are the conclusions

For every weapons slot has a current device and TOE device associated with it. The game will attempt to fill out the current # until it reaches the TOE level. It will also upgrade any device when there is a device to upgrade too, but only if there are enough in the pool. The old device is returned to the pool.

When you upgrade the TOE you are in effect changing the devices in a weapon’s slots for both the current # and the new TOE level. The game then attempts to fill out the current # to the new TOE level, but again it will only do this if it has enough to complete fill out a slot. This is why you will see old devices part of a new TOE. Old devices are returned to the pool.

There is one problem in this and I no not how it works. That is, if you have a say 2pr in slot 3 and the new TOE has it in slot 4 does the game work this out. I think it does.

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 2
RE: TOE upgrade - Dev help please - 2/7/2010 8:15:23 PM   
Bradley7735

I'm asking because I read a few posts about how some units change from a lot of motorized support early in the game to less. So, say they have 50 support and 100 Mot support. Then the unit upgrades to have 100 support and 50 mot support.

Does the game take 50 mot support away from the unit? Or will it eventually have 100 support and 100 mot support? (barring any combat.)

I think the purpose of reducing mot support is so the unit can load on fewer ships. But, if the game does not do something with the extra devices, it's sort of defeating to change the TOE. The unit will actually be larger than the original, bulky, TOE.

I'm just curious. I know there's benefits to having more of just about any device, regardless of whether it's in the TOE or not.

The older I get, the better I was.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3
RE: TOE upgrade - Dev help please - 2/7/2010 8:57:25 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

AFAIK the game will reduce the number to the TOE level at the set date and return the spare devices to the pool to be picked up and used by other units that need them.

I mostly keep units on do NOT get replacements unless they are safe and not about to be used then i'll put them on rest and upgrade (seems the best way to upgrade imo) and the unit pools are very restricted in some devices so best to play it cautiously imo.

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 4
RE: TOE upgrade - Dev help please - 2/8/2010 7:36:49 PM   
Chris21wen

You can only upgrade the TOE if the unit is at rest and you cannot set a unit to rest when there is an enemy in the same hex.  So effectively you have to send them behind the front lines but the game will not upgrade devices unless it can upgrade all of them.  In the next turn or two I'm about to upgeade some units so I'll post the results.

(in reply to Rob Brennan UK)
Post #: 5
RE: TOE upgrade - Dev help please - 3/18/2010 6:57:37 PM   
foliveti

Are there any requirements to effect a TOE upgrade other than to set the unit at rest?  I thought I had read something about being within the command radius of the unit's command HQ, which really makes it tough for the KIWI upgrades.

Frank

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> TOE upgrade - Dev help please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI