Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airfield Overstacking? (Quoting from manual...)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Airfield Overstacking? (Quoting from manual...) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airfield Overstacking? (Quoting from manual...) - 3/19/2010 9:16:36 PM   
fflaguna

quote:

If an Airfield has too many aircraft (physical space) or groups (administrative) present, then the airfield is deemed overstacked. And is indicated by an ‘*’ next to the airfield.

An overstacked airfield affects how many aircraft can be launched, casualties from attacks and aircraft repairs.

A 9+ airfield does not suffer from overstacking.

An airfield can operate 50 single engine (or 25 two engine, or 12 four engine) planes per AF size or 1 group per AF size. The best Air HQ of the same command as the base which is within range can add its command radius to the number of groups that can be administrated, or if not in the same command, the nearest HQ will add ½ its command radius to the number of groups.

In addition, groups at rest or in training only count as 1/3 for the purposes of counting aircraft at the base, and don’t count at all against the number of groups. Split groups only count as individual groups if they are attached to different HQs.

Simple question, is the bolded part of this quote from the manual still correct?
Post #: 1
RE: Airfield Overstacking? (Quoting from manual...) - 3/19/2010 9:40:27 PM   
fflaguna

Also, does "Disbanding" a ton of airwings with 9 zeroes in them to make a giant 50-zero airwing have any drawbacks? I'm trying to cut back on the number of airwings at a certain base to fully support an upcoming operation.

(in reply to fflaguna)
Post #: 2
RE: Airfield Overstacking? (Quoting from manual...) - 3/19/2010 9:45:12 PM   
anarchyintheuk

FWIW I think the number of planes active will resize to the max size of the squadron, the rest will go into reserve. Lots more people on here familiar with the process than I am however.

(in reply to fflaguna)
Post #: 3
RE: Airfield Overstacking? (Quoting from manual...) - 3/19/2010 10:16:00 PM   
Charbroiled

quote:

ORIGINAL: fflaguna

quote:

If an Airfield has too many aircraft (physical space) or groups (administrative) present, then the airfield is deemed overstacked. And is indicated by an ‘*’ next to the airfield.

An overstacked airfield affects how many aircraft can be launched, casualties from attacks and aircraft repairs.

A 9+ airfield does not suffer from overstacking.

An airfield can operate 50 single engine (or 25 two engine, or 12 four engine) planes per AF size or 1 group per AF size. The best Air HQ of the same command as the base which is within range can add its command radius to the number of groups that can be administrated, or if not in the same command, the nearest HQ will add ½ its command radius to the number of groups.

In addition, groups at rest or in training only count as 1/3 for the purposes of counting aircraft at the base, and don’t count at all against the number of groups. Split groups only count as individual groups if they are attached to different HQs.

Simple question, is the bolded part of this quote from the manual still correct?

I think that this is what is in effect:

From patch 1.00.95

84. Gameplay Change: Any seaplane, rest/training and/or fragment group counts as ONE group for Admin stacking purposes; the presence of all three in a base counted as 3 groups for Admin

"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange

(in reply to fflaguna)
Post #: 4
RE: Airfield Overstacking? (Quoting from manual...) - 3/19/2010 10:28:45 PM   
AcePylut

84. Gameplay Change: Any seaplane, rest/training and/or fragment group counts as ONE group for Admin stacking purposes; the presence of all three in a base counted as 3 groups for Admin

The wording is kinda vague, I could read this as thinking that any group at rest counts as a group for admin purposes, not 1/3rd.  I.e. 10 fighter groups on training counts as 10 groups for admin... not 10 fighter gruops on rest counts as 1 group for admin purposes. 

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 5
RE: Airfield Overstacking? (Quoting from manual...) - 3/20/2010 12:37:16 AM   
freeboy

ok, now I am confused...
So, if we have ten groups all standing down, do the count as one group?

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 6
RE: Airfield Overstacking? (Quoting from manual...) - 3/20/2010 12:57:18 AM   
fflaguna

The patch wording is very unclear. However, it sounds like having ANY number of airwings at a base that are all set to rest/training count as only 1 airwing. If you read the patchnotes that way it makes sense.

< Message edited by fflaguna -- 3/20/2010 12:59:41 AM >

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Airfield Overstacking? (Quoting from manual...) - 3/20/2010 9:23:00 AM   
fflaguna

Anyone have any insight to add?

(in reply to fflaguna)
Post #: 8
RE: Airfield Overstacking? (Quoting from manual...) - 3/20/2010 10:56:28 AM   
treespider

10 (or any number) groups at rest = 1 group
10 (or any number) Seaplane groups = 1 group
10 (or any number) fragments = 1 group

So a base with 10 resting Zero Groups, 10 Pete groups, and 3 Zero fragments, 3 betty fragments and 3 Oscar fragments is a base that is considered to have only 3 groups for Admin purposes

The patch phrasing uses two different meanings for group...

Group -
–noun
1.any collection or assemblage of ... things; cluster; aggregation: a group of protesters; a remarkable group of paintings.
6.Military.
b.Air Force. an administrative and operational unit subordinate to a wing, usually composed of two or more squadrons.

84. Gameplay Change: Any seaplane, rest/training and/or fragment group (def 1) ... (here group means a collection of things in this case a collection of 'groups')...counts as ONE group (def 6b)...(here group uses the Military meaning of the word) for Admin stacking purposes; the presence of all three in a base counted as 3 groups (def 6b - military meaning) for Admin

< Message edited by treespider -- 3/20/2010 11:03:10 AM >

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to fflaguna)
Post #: 9
RE: Airfield Overstacking? (Quoting from manual...) - 3/20/2010 11:25:35 AM   
Sardaukar

Thanks for clarification, treespider!

For clarity sense, people are advised to disregard lines after 6, though.

Good stuff tho, and just what players were looking for!

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Airfield Overstacking? (Quoting from manual...) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI